Worst Movie Ever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jun 18 2003, 09:59 AM
Come on now, you can't compare Pulp Fiction to Memento. The stories weren't executed the same way (Memento was back-to-front, while Pulp Fiction jumped around and filled in bits and pieces as the story went on) and Pulp Fiction had so many other worthwhile qualities that Memento lacked. Pulp Fiction didn't even have too much graphic violence compared to his or other director's movies. Reservoir Dogs, on the other hand, had plenty of violence, but was a completely different genre of movie from Pulp Fiction. To say that Tarantino regurgitated the story from Dogs to make Fiction isn't plausible at all.

Tarantino also did Four Rooms, which had almost no violence, and relied solely on the story and comedy to pull the movie along. It may have been similar to Fiction in that it wasn't a chronological movie, but it was more streamlined than Fiction was.

Memento was just a shitty movie with a shitty story that happened to be executed in a unique and interesting manner. Think about it...if the movie had been chronological, the story would have been inane and boring.

My $.02 anyway.

You misread that, I was not comparing the two. I would watch Pulp Fiction again, but I think I would rather watch Killer Clowns from Outer Space than Momento any day. He didn't regurgitate the story, he reused his one good idea in film making, the movie that is in no chronological order. Beyond this one idea he is devoid of anything entertaining or worthwhile. After seeing one movie in this style the rest are boring. Pulp Fiction was just funny enough to keep my attention through the scene/plot jumps. Reservior Dogs had absolutely nothing going for it and I have yet to see Four Rooms. I never said that he regurgitated the story from Dogs to make Pulp Fiction, he regurgitated the style of the movie.

But Dogs and Fiction were nothing alike. Yeah, they had the same actors, but that was about where it stopped. They're two very different movies, and I like them both. I'm not as much of a fan of Dogs. I mean, it was OK, but Fiction is a great movie, and I think it'll become something of a classic.

I think I'd watch {insert favorite chick flick title here} over Memento again any day of MY life too. :D

Originally posted by Afipunk21@Jun 17 2003, 06:16 PM
This thread fucking sucks. I want 25 seconds of my life back.

make that minute and a half now... this thing got pretty long :sleep:

Originally posted by mrimport2003@Jun 18 2003, 11:47 AM
House of 1000 Corpses was the most crap ass movie ever, I mean ever. For a movie in 2003 it sucked, it was like rob zombie did a 88 minute music video, IT SUCKED BIG BLUE CHUNKS!!

:werd: :thumbsdown: :ditto: :withstupid:

I just wanna rebut something here.

DOnnie Darko was a KICKASS, lifechanging movie. It was made back in the day, so the effects and camera work are shoddy, but the storyline, meanings, and feel of the movie are awesome. So what if there was a 6' tall alien rabbit for about 90% of the movie. It was needed. I'll bet you didn't like it because you didn't put the real storyline together and how everything worked. It's really deep. Not quite as deep as the Matrix theories are going, but still pretty deep.

kung pow was a really bad movie, I thought it would be a funny movie, but in the end I felt dummer after watching that, and I coulda used that 2 hours I spent watching it sleeping *damn*.

Pooty Tang really licked goat nuts. Everyone was saying it was so funny, I saw it and didn't even crack a smile, shit I was pissed it cost $2.50 to rent.

Originally posted by 2fastCRX@Jun 17 2003, 07:07 PM
A real crappy movie is Fear dot com.

:werd: That movie was horrible. I'm just glad that I didn't pay to rent it, it wasn't even worth the $3 it cost to rent. :lol:

I loved that killer clown movie, I also like any movie from the 80's for some reason.

Best Movie ever: Barbarians at the Gate (i think an hbo flick), Wall Street, Office Space, Scarface, Dumb and Dumber. and some others.

Worst Movie: Fast&Furious(refuse to announce that it is even a movie, more like a commercial), any movie with Cher, horror flicks.

Milan

Originally posted by mrimport2003@Jun 18 2003, 11:47 AM
House of 1000 Corpses was the most crap ass movie ever, I mean ever. For a movie in 2003 it sucked, it was like rob zombie did a 88 minute music video, IT SUCKED BIG BLUE CHUNKS!!

:newbie: You wouldn't know talent if it sat on your face and wiggled! What are you like 12? The movie was made to recreate the campy 70's B movies, which you probably know jack about.Rob Zombie is a true renaissance man, making movies, videos music, art....wanna know the worst movie I saw....8 mile. Somebody needs to shoot that wigger in the leg and leave him in the fuckin desert for the buzzards. heres one for the trailer park eminem fans :mullet:

Originally posted by machine+Jun 18 2003, 06:38 PM-->
mrimport2003
@Jun 18 2003, 11:47 AM

:newbie: You wouldn't know talent if it sat on your face and wiggled! What are you like 12? The movie was made to recreate the campy 70's B movies, which you probably know jack about.Rob Zombie is a true renaissance man, making movies, videos music, art....wanna know the worst movie I saw....8 mile. Somebody needs to shoot that wigger in the leg and leave him in the fuckin desert for the buzzards. heres one for the trailer park eminem fans :mullet:

Yea great fucking movie. 70's B movies were crap, so recreating crap nets you, yup, more crap. 8 mile owns it. And I'm not saying I think 8 mile was some theatrical masterpeice, it was only OK. And you sound just like everyone else who knows nothing about eminem. I won't entertain that argument again, it's a pain in the ass. And just for the record, I do like Rob Zombie, but I'm going to have to go ahead and give that movie a big ol' craptacular :thumbsdown:

8 mile..... yeah it was a decent movie

house of 100 corpses..... by far one of the best horror movies to come out in a long time.... it wasnt all fucking cheesy like the gay ass "scream" type movies that hollywood puts out these days

House of 1000 Corpses is a badass movie. i have it d/l on my pc :), i will admit it is a lil freaky and that Dr. Satan was one sick bastard making that kid into Fishboy. Captain Spaulding was a wacko but pretty damn cool in that movie too...

Originally posted by liquid00meth+Jun 18 2003, 07:37 PM-->
Originally posted by machine@Jun 18 2003, 06:38 PM
mrimport2003
@Jun 18 2003, 11:47 AM

Yea great fucking movie. 70's B movies were crap, so recreating crap nets you, yup, more crap. 8 mile owns it. And I'm not saying I think 8 mile was some theatrical masterpeice, it was only OK. And you sound just like everyone else who knows nothing about eminem. I won't entertain that argument again, it's a pain in the ass. And just for the record, I do like Rob Zombie, but I'm going to have to go ahead and give that movie a big ol' craptacular :thumbsdown:

whats there to not know about eminem? the fag made a movie about himself starring himself. It should be ok, it's kinda hard to NOT ACT LIKE YOURSELF!!!

Best Movie: Snatch! Fightclub, Matrix
Classics: Anything adam sandler, any national lampoon movie. Any john candy movie. wow, the list can go on forever

Back