Worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UNDR8D

...has a job!
At the shop across the street, there sits a '99 Prelude, H22, 250,000+ miles, great body, beat interior, broken automatic trans. I'm thinking I could probably pick it up for $1000 and put a 5 speed in it. I'd probably have the motor rebuilt as well. Worth it?

I'm a sucker for a project...

If its a project you will use at the end, and not try and flip, could be legit.

I would be buying it to drive myself. The auto to manual swap is the only real hang up for me. It just might not be worth it...The parts will probably cost me $1500 plus dozens of hours of my time. I might as well just find one with high mileage that already has a 5 speed. I can get the rebuild done professionally for $750ish, throw a clutch in it too...

For a grand I would pass on that one. If you could talk them down it may be worth it.

Ya. I thought $1000 would be good but, I would really just rather buy a low mileage 99-01 Si/5spd and make payments than deal with all the bullshit of a high mileage car with a blown tranny. I like a project but I'm just too old

You didn't really want it anyways. Preludes are heavy, this one had an exceptionally large amount of miles on it and would have taken extensive repairs to get it to be a comfortable daily driver.

that sucks that you sold the truck dude... it was coming along quite nicely... we each have our reasons as to why we do what we do... good luck on the next project!!!

Thanks...I think my next project will be as difficult as making a monthly payment...rex wagon or something like that. I always get this hankering for a project then realize how much work it will actually be...

Thanks...I think my next project will be as difficult as making a monthly payment...rex wagon or something like that. I always get this hankering for a project then realize how much work it will actually be...

atleast start with one that runs and drives ^_^

Back