Worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they wouldnt have the right nav disk with it but im sure you could find one suitable - it would be a mad jdm one with the wrong language and country displayed !

yes thats the price but its not some cheap screen- easily modable to support dvd and other things like ps2 - but could easily go aftermarket as well for far cheaper what ever floats your boat !

dosnt say there but i know some earlier honda nav systems were not dvd - there were on some smaller platform

hmm,

I always did want to put a Nav. System in my hatch. That space in the audio console seems like ti would fit a nice little TV nicely.

If you have the loot I guess. It does look cool in that it is like a stock piece. However I was wondering about this.... How come people are obsessed with things that have JDM in the name. It reminds me of this game I played, UO. If you said something was a rare or a "server birth" rare people would bust in their pants and jump to buy it. It's like you could post "Selling JDM muffler belt, straight from Japan folks" and people would buy it. I personally don't give a rat's rear where something is from, if it's a quality product. :unsure:

i hate the whole JDM thing.

Sure, I bought a "JDM" audio console, but I bought it for functionability and cause I liked it. I would have bought it even if it said it was from Mexico or Iraq.

The real JDM also for some reason has adopted the meaning of also being "quality". My grandparents have a JDM TV....and it's a peice of crap.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 25 2005, 02:39 PM
i hate the whole JDM thing.

Sure, I bought a "JDM" audio console, but I bought it for functionability and cause I liked it. I would have bought it even if it said it was from Mexico or Iraq.

The real JDM also for some reason has adopted the meaning of also being "quality". My grandparents have a JDM TV....and it's a peice of crap.
[post=478583]Quoted post[/post]​

sure its not a company based in japan assembled in taiwan! :blink:

"authentic" JDM parts are either OEM or better, so they'd better be quality. The Japanese government is really strict on parts manufacturers over there so I imagine anything that was authorized for street use has got to be good stuff.

Oh, and yeah the nav system will be set up for japan. I'm not sure if you could get a reprogram disc from Honda or something, but it will be set up for Japan by default.

Back