Worth Replacing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jimboburgess

Go fast, Go Cheap
So i have a Ls transmission the syncros are going bad it grinds when a push it's limits in second, third and forth.
how much does it cost to put new sycros in or would it be more worth it for me too wait and buy a b16 transmission.
or another option i was thinking of would be to replace the gears and syncros with the internals of another b series trans in that case what would fit?
would older gearsets and internal fit? it's alot easier to find a cable tranny so maybe i could use those?

someone want to lend my 2 grand for an itr or ctr trans.
I could try and find a gsr, or put b16 internals in mine couldn't i?

someone want to lend my 2 grand for an itr or ctr trans.
I could try and find a gsr, or put b16 internals in mine couldn't i?
you could find an ITR tranny for about $700-$1000 if you shop around. you could change out the internals though to. they also have ITR differentials on ebay.

are all b series transmission parts interchangible with any other b series transmission parts.
i.e. type-r lsd, does the type-r have dual syncros? would i need one of those bell housings, b16 gears, leave in my LS 5th gear in there.

Last edited:
theres a sweet type r tranny that just come up for sale on this site go check it out and jump on it

hey bro y dont u save ur self the $$ and get some syncromesh oil for about $9/qt.. cleans up the grinds in all gears

Back