worthless thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

all students who have student loans go into debt...
thats the idea of a loan, its a debt...

you're looking at a minimum of 4 years worth of tuition to get a degree that would make you any money...

the real beauty of student loans is that 1. the interest rates are pretty low and 2. you dont start paying them back until you are done with your education...

a trade school should be approx a 1.5 year program as compared to a 4 year degree...
you do the math... plus your starting salary should be much higher upon graduation from a trade school
i know local dealerships near me GUARANTEE you a job and 60K when you graduate...

and why would you ever want to be a cop?

lol i hear that.

make 35k to get shot at. no thanks. i'd rather make nearly twice that to sit on my ass and type :D

i bet you guys are pretty smart too. Not that im putting my self down but i hate looking at the scum in our world and see asshole cops. I wanna help in both aspects. I dont know why but i really want to do this...at least till i find a better deal. It's not about making bookoo money.(my girl will be making the big bucks). I couln't apply for a scholarship because I dont have a social #. I hop that doesnt effect me getting a loan. Another problem i face is the price the school will charge me. I'm not paying 2g's for 2 classes,that crazy! I'd rather get a job, start my life and wait till marriage or citizenship.

thanks recked for the advice. I'll look into the loan choices.
Pissedoffsol, i was always the hands on active person. I dont think i can sit on my ass all day. :p

I was gonna suggest a pelgrant, cuz you'd most likely qualify for one, but since yousay you have no SSN, i dunno, it might be difficult.

do you have a green card or what?

get an education visa :)

can you be a cop if you have no SSN?
you must have some identification number unless you're illegal :ph34r:

good luck with the loans...

you can do more good for people outside the force mang...
and hands on people are excellent canidates for trade schools...
use your hands to make a living and be happy doing it...

Originally posted by VTEC_CBR@Mar 17 2005, 02:05 PM
I was gonna suggest a pelgrant, cuz you'd most likely qualify for one, but since yousay you have no SSN, i dunno, it might be difficult.
[post=474858]Quoted post[/post]​

tried it, no good. Hey Recked im gonna look at my options at a trade school. Im proud to say im a wet back :D . I came to the U.S at age 6. I'm 21 now as of a March 15. I was thinking about going back to Mexico and going to school for a while till i got a visa. But it's hard to just drop everything. I had a liscence and ID. Once those rag heads bombed the U.S Bush's stupid ass though everyone was a terrorist. So when i went to renew my liscence( i lost my old one and didnt expire till '06) those fuckers didnt give it to me. On top of that they suspended! Now they wont even give me an ID! What if i dye somewhere or get hurt, how will they identify me? Arnorld Shitbootleger was the one who started the liscence think. god i hate him. sorry guys i'll stop rambling. Now you have an idea of what my life is like till i get a green card or get married.

for those who complain about there jobs, your lucky your not me.( not that i hate myself or anything :ph34r: )

Half the year, I am a Student at Michigan Tech, studying to be an Engineer.

The other half of the year, I work at a country club being a golfers bitch and getting good money doing it.

yeah i was origionally going to do electric engineer..then i saw what i was going to go through. Not that i quit but i KNEW i wasnt going to make it.
Apparently all i need is 60 hrs or 2 yrs of college. dont even hav to graduate. to be a cop. Go to the academy and im in.
I'll go where ever my honda takes me B)

The other half of the year, I work at a country club being a golfers bitch and getting good money doing it.

:werd:

i used to be a cart boy... good times...
you caddy? or cart boy?

better than being a golf ball getter. My friend was one and he said everyday was the same shit.. golfers placing bets to see who can hit him first. Needless to say he didn't last very long:p

Originally posted by reckedracing@Mar 17 2005, 03:50 PM

:werd:

i used to be a cart boy... good times...
you caddy? or cart boy?
[post=474886]Quoted post[/post]​

Cart boy. Nothing like getting 5.50 an hour + 8-12 more in tips.

I still have to pick our driving range everyday, but since I am at a country clubs, guys don't really aim, plus most of teh time, I do it during slow times.

haha
werd, used to come home with mad ones...
tips were the shit...

i got into a lot of trouble with those golf carts...
NOTE: smooth terf tires are not recommended for mud bogging...
i got buried...
and uhm... i found i could get across a 8-10 foot stream with a running start...
the 12 foot wide section of the stream got me though...

bumper carts = angry boss...
i was a cart boy and then the mechanic quit so i started doing the maint ork on them... pretty cool shit...

and my range picker had a motherfuking cage y0...
aim at me all you want...

id like to have the range picker that Jesse James built. That shit was bad. I think it was a porsche that spit the ball back as it scooped them up.
100mph golf balls at golfers = serious pain

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Mar 17 2005, 11:16 AM
Architect here. :)
[post=474759]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought you were still in architecture school?

i work for an electronics manufacturer that does ALOT of government work. we make stuff for the M1a1 and M1a2 tanks and FLIR (forward looking infrared) systems for helicopters, tanks and jets also.

Sadly...Aerospace is the way to go...anything that will involve aircraft, spacecraft, and UFO's....

That's where the money is, go to your local airport and check out the local FBO (field base of operations) and see if they will hire you for doing small jobs like washing planes, filling them up with gas, and see if you can work your way into the maintenace hanger and help out on the small jobs like changing spark plugs, oil changes, and work from there....

Then...look into getting your Airframe and Powerplant licence from the FAA...you will be required to take about 2 years of school...but it will be worth it....that's if you like doing maintenance on planes.

The jobs are there....and working on planes is fun....but stressful at times. I've busted my butt since 1999...and now I'm finally getting the pay I wanted, and having the life that I wanted...I'm still broke in the since that I live paycheck to paycheck...but with the decent checks I get, and my payrate...I'm set. As for student loans..I'm still around $30K's in the hole, just bought a house...and that's another $130+K's in the hole...but that's life....

If I can only get back into my wifes pant's...then there might be an Airjockie JR in the near future.... :ph34r:

But also...look into Aerospace Engineering...there's real money there...and worth the debt to take out huge student loans...

but as a Helicopter Mech, doing all the work I do...I've already cleared $21,903.93 as of last night for this year alone...which is not bad for 3.5 months..got to love all the overtime...but...I'm burned out..so I already need a vacation...so today I bought plane tickets to Japan. :p

Back