Would Appreciate Your Input

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

Hey whats up guys, I just opened up an unidentified package from UPS and it turned out to be a X-mas present: Infinity Kappa 6.5 multielement 3 way speakers. Here are the stats:

Power Handling, RMS: 75 Watts
Power Handling, Peak: 225 Watts
Frequency Response (±3dB): 45Hz - 22kHz
Sensitivity: 90dB
Impedance: 4 Ohms

I don't know too much about audio, so i need some amp suggestions. What power ratings would I be looking for? Id like to limit my spending to about 150 (or less if that is possible with a large decrease in quality). So any specific recommendations. I usually buy off ebay so that gives you an idea of prices. I think im going to run the rears off the head unit and my sub off a separate amp. Thanks!

I'd reccomend looking into Alpine's amps nice clean look, great clean sound, also look into DEI(directed) there studio amps(I think thats the name) are awesome. You are gonna wanna get a two channel amp the puts out 75 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms for those infinities. Hope this helps :)

Originally posted by 92CHB@Dec 21 2004, 12:25 PM
I'd reccomend looking into Alpine's amps nice clean look, great clean sound, also look into DEI(directed) there studio amps(I think thats the name) are awesome. You are gonna wanna get a two channel amp the puts out 75 watts RMS per channel at 4 ohms for those infinities. Hope this helps :)
[post=435514]Quoted post[/post]​

cool anyone else have any brand/model recommendations or input

JL Audio amps. :thumbsup:

How much money do you want to spend? You can go anywhere from $100 to $2000 for a 75x2 amp.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 21 2004, 04:38 PM
JL Audio amps. :thumbsup:

How much money do you want to spend? You can go anywhere from $100 to $2000 for a 75x2 amp.
[post=435603]Quoted post[/post]​

As I said, about 150, but would be willing to go more if the increase in sound quality or performance would Really be worth it, maybe up to 200ish.

here's a alpine V12 mrv-t320 50x2 @ 4 ohms @ 12 volts Link

here's a Viper 150.2 50x2 @ 4ohms Link

I currently have the alpine powering my type r components and it sounds great! and if your speakers want more power you can rewire it to 2 ohms. i'd get that one in my opinion. The viper is the same company as the dei i mentioned before.

Originally posted by 92CHB@Dec 23 2004, 12:13 AM
here's a alpine V12 mrv-t320 50x2 @ 4 ohms @ 12 volts Link

here's a Viper 150.2 50x2 @ 4ohms Link

I currently have the alpine powering my type r components and it sounds great! and if your speakers want more power you can rewire it to 2 ohms. i'd get that one in my opinion. The viper is the same company as the dei i mentioned before.
[post=436243]Quoted post[/post]​

oh crap miss read, sorry my bad. ya you want 75 watts rms...i'm an idiot....

Mike - For that price range you would want to look at Alpine V12 or JL Audio amps.
I would reccomend Precision Power but its a little bit out of your price range.

Thanks for the suggestions, Im gonna decide after christmas, maybe I'll get a little cash to help me out. Apline/JL sounds to be the way to go, I value your opinion highly johnathan with your sound knowledge :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Dec 23 2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Im gonna decide after christmas, maybe I'll get a little cash to help me out. Apline/JL sounds to be the way to go, I value your opinion highly johnathan with your sound knowledge :thumbsup:
[post=436475]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike I am not sure on prices but maybe check out Rockford Fosgate amps they rock too.

Back