Would I see any gain on my b16 with 97 GSR Cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Citizen_Insane

I found some 97 GSR cams for sale. Would these make more power than my stock b16 cams? For those of you that don't know, I have a b16a SiR.

You'll probably see more torque gains, but the SiR II and GSR are both rated at 170.

Where are these GSR cams, I could buy them and you could get ITR/CTR cams. :)

gsr cams have both more duration and move lift than b16 cams. you will see power gians.

quick easy swap, no need to change valve train.

but dont' pay more than 100 bucks for 'em...

If I moved up to ITR's would I have to put in new valve train? I have a stock ECU so I can't rev over 8300 or whatever the rev limiter on a pw0 is at. Would the ITR's make decent power under 8300rpm?

all their power is before 8300... especially with lower compression b16.

can you get away with it.. sure.
is it recommended, not really.

itr's come with dual valve springs that are stiffer... i'd at least recommend moving to some used ITR parts...

Could I get away with just installing some ITR springs?

Also, would I have to remove the head for me to do the valve train swap? I have a honda workshop manual but for some reason it doesn't have anything about installing cams, valves or any of that. My biggest worry is fucking up my timing by having to remove the head. Never done any internal work before, and it scares me a little :confused:

Ok...well scratch the ITRs, back to the GSR's. Is there a way I can do this without fucking up my timing?

Quoted post[/post]]
Ok...well scratch the ITRs, back to the GSR's. Is there a way I can do this without fucking up my timing?
Change the timing belt at the same time, you are going to have to remove the belt to put the cams on anyways./
And now that i know GSR cams DO make a difference, maybe i'll get me some, knawmmean?

I can't change the timing belt, I can't get the crank pully off. I had my dad jam a crow bar between the teeth of the flywheel and a cranked on the bolt with a 4ft breaker bar (I'm 180lbs) and couldn't get it to budge.

Quoted post[/post]]
I can't change the timing belt, I can't get the crank pully off. I had my dad jam a crow bar between the teeth of the flywheel and a cranked on the bolt with a 4ft breaker bar (I'm 180lbs) and couldn't get it to budge.
take your car to a tire shop, have them use their impact wrench on it, pay them $5 to tighten it enough to not fall off on the way home.

Back