Would it be safe to I revv up to 8.5 RPM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
to me you should be shifting at 8200rpms, but you should up grade the valve tran to port flow (valves and retainers) and you should be fine to go up to atleast 8500. but like they all say an jdm b18c1 isent really making any horse power after 8200rpms so you should loo into buying some itr cams or so todas or skunk. :D

old thread but i just came across it and wanted to put this up

14750-p73-003
14751-p72-003
14761-p72-003
14765-p30-000
14775-pr3-000
12204-pr3-305
12205-pr3-305
14721-pr3-000
14711-p73-joi

Those are the parts numbers for the 97 and 00 Integra Type R head parts
(they are a set of inner and outer intake valve springs, the inner and outer exhaust valve springs, retainers, valve seat, valve guides intake and exhaust and then valves exhaust and intake)

I am sure you see some familiar nomiclaiture pr3/30/72/73 and if I put more parts up you would see others but no need for that (main bearings are also pr3). The head revability of the Type R is pretty much all in the valve springs, the ability for it to breath are in the intake manifold which has short/wide runners, its intake valves, throttle body and fuel map, the rest of the parts are basic dohc vtec parts found in the Si also.

So if you are trying to replicate the Type R rev range safely all you need to do is go to the stiffer valve springs oem or aftermarket and get a valve job or replace and reseat the intake valves on a B16a 3rd gen head and then tune to make it breath up there with the oem cam or a tuned street cam. Of course if your other parts are worn replace them.

The Type R is over rated much like other things in the Honda world that seem to have this mythical fog of misinformation and fish tales surrounding it. You can tune a b16a to hit harder than the b18c5 but then again you can tune a b18a/b or b20 to hit as hard without going hybrid also..... ;)

vanillakilla said:
wow dude this thread is like 2 1/2 years old

though it is an old thread, at least he did add some helpful and beneficial knowledge. so would it be better to bring back an old thread to add knowledge or start a new thread with maybe a link to the old one? and his post was better than someone just bringing back an old thread and just saying something like "coolz. that roxorz"

eg6sir said:
hahahaha... wtf?!!?you put up stuff thats already available here..

quick lesson for you and vanilla on how the net works.

Anything that is put on the net is indexable by search engine technology called spidering. As not to talk over your head, each search engine "crawls" everything on the net and puts it into a type of memory of the net, with me so far? Then when someone does a search it referances that memory and pulls up relevant results. So 10 years from now when someone wants to build a honda and searches "safe to rev to 8500" rpm this topic will show up. Before what I put in they would think they had to go buy all these parts from a DC5 ITR, now they know that only certain parts have to be bought. I just saved someone a few hundred dollars, what have you done for the community lately besides make people think all Hondas are slow? Think larger than just this forum and the people on it.....

If you were half as smart and superior as you want to come across right now you would have known this. Even more so you would have put the info I put up to help anyone who comes across it, not that I even think you were aware of it. As for you EG6Sir the info is here but not in this post and thus the casual reader would not have seen it before I put it in.

Go flame on some kid little one or better yet spend your time trying to get your car to break 14....... BTW the EG6 is a SiR II....... hahahahahaha........wtf...... STFU

First of all don't talk down to me you know nothing about me. Second you posted part numbers and what this person would need to do to rev up 8.5k 2 1/2 years after the fact. Third this info is already on here and it wasn't necessary for you to bring back a dead thread in order to save someone hundreds of dollars 10 years from know.

Alrighty guys calm down.

I didn't do anything when I read it because he was adding good information to the post. Yes, it's reviving a dead thread- but if you think that's a horrible thing even though he added good info, just don't post back to it and let it die.

So yes- dead thread revival is a drag in any forum, but black_dragon_i added some good information.

vanilla- just let it die if you want it to die.

vanillakilla said:
First of all don't talk down to me you know nothing about me. Second you posted part numbers and what this person would need to do to rev up 8.5k 2 1/2 years after the fact. Third this info is already on here and it wasn't necessary for you to bring back a dead thread in order to save someone hundreds of dollars 10 years from know.

Your post told me all i need to know about you, why would I want to get to know you? Your pretty typical of what has unfortunately become the norm of Honda drivers, especially ones on forums. Brash, loud, misinformed, cocky and slow. I do see some of you holding yourselves to higher standards, thanks, need more of you to balance jokers like this out. Don't start none, won't be none, flame and get flamed on, those are the rules, don't get your panties in a bunch because someone pissed on you for opening your mouth. Go back to your posts about wings and skylines you will never own, mufflers and dead baby jokes.... .get to know you? You are lucky I am even entertaining you. Waste of time.... OVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back