would oem parts pass smog in CA. ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

allgo

im planning to use gsr block with b16 or jdm itr or ctr pistons, itr or ctr cams, itr manifold with tb, jdm itr header, and b16 head, and after market intake.

will i pass smog??? i will be using all oem parts, let me know whats up

??? so i need a gsr head?? why cant it pass??? how do they know if its the same or not??? it will be like a itr motor right????

only ways to pass smog is to go gsr???? gsr head and block??

what if i use ctr pistons and ctr cams in a gsr would it pass? what about the years(95 block and 99 head???)?

just swap in a GSR motor, pass the ref. inspection. Then after you get the sticker that state you swapped your motor out and that you are legit, then go and do what ever internals you want, just make sure you keep it mild enough to pass the visual inspection, and do not go higher than ITR internals.
read the FAQ on this site there are some good articles on the subject.

what is the inspection about??? i have a b16 motor in right now. do i need to get it inspected?? what do they inspected?? where do i go to get it inspected??

Originally posted by highperboi@Jan 16 2004, 12:44 AM
go talk to your local CHP officer and he can tell you everything you need to know.

i rather talk to people first then maybe at the end, ill talk to a cop. can u talk me what needs to be done??

look around a little bit...i think in the faqs theres a ton of info on this

first of all your engine has to be same as or a newer year then your car. if it is not you can not do it no matter what. second you need to have all your smog shit on. not only must it have all that stuff it must look clean too. your harness must not have any exposed wires. the ECU must be for that engine and you need to get it varified somewhere like a dealership or something. after that you just need to pass smog and then i think thats it.

well i live in georgia and what they have told me if you put the same 4 n the car it came with your car has to meat the same standerds as that yr unless you put an v8 in your car you do not have to get your car tested.... for add on to your car as long as it passes they do not carei have every bolt on you can get but have yet touch the inside of the motor and i have hondata on there too.. i had my car tested last moth and it pssed with flying colors... best to do is not tell them, thats what they told me to do when i get my car tested.. been doing it for yrs now
i have a b18c1
but if i am wrong tell me :ph34r:

you have to go to a CHP inspection station. they check the motor, vins, ecu, OBD, and all that. It has to be from the same year or newer. Then if its all good, they put a lil sticker thing in yur engine bay, usually on your radiator support, that says its a legal swap so if you ever get pulled over and they make you pop your hood, they can't say shit. But yeah after for smog, it won't pass with higher compression pistons in there. Cams will be fine though

Back