Would this be consider a SWAP!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Nightstalker

ok how about this one.......lol and its street legal!!!!!!
AB12_15_05copy.jpg

This is a street-legal jet car on full afterburner. The car has two engines: the production gasoline engine in the front driving the front wheels and the jet engine in the back. The idea is that you drive around legally on the gasoline engine and when you want to have some fun, you spin up the jet and get on the burner (you can start the jet while driving along on the gasoline engine). The car was built because I wanted the wildest street-legal ride possible. With this project, I was able to use some stuff I learned while getting my fancy engineering degree (I have a PhD in Mechanical Engineering from Stanford University) to design a street-legal jet car without the distraction of how other people have done it in the past - because no one has. I don't know how fast the car will go and probably never will. The car was built to thrill me, not kill me. That doesn't stop me from the occasional blast on the highway though.
VW_Rear_Pa1_PScopy.jpg

The car is licensed here in California. In California, new cars have bi-annual smog inspections so if you modify the engine, it is likely to fail the inspection and you won't be able to drive it on the street. There are some exempt engine modifications (ex. after-cat mufflers - big deal) but none that will allow you to add 1350 hp to a new car
VW_Rear_Dr_Open1_PScopy.jpg

VW_Rear_Open1_PScopy.jpg

VW_FUBB_PScopy.jpg

VW_BUS1PScopy.jpg

VW_Fire1copy.jpg

ha ha ha i saw that but would this still be consider a swap?
no, because you have the original engine still. this is just a safety issue. not only the jet engine in there, but the attraction from traffic it would bring.

i guarantee you, this guy has NEVER used this on an open road.

Arn't there laws preventing you from having something stick out of the back of your vehicle past a certain lenght?

Arn't there laws preventing you from having something stick out of the back of your vehicle past a certain lenght?
extended 6' or more, you must have a red flag on it.

i wonder if that voids the warranty?

Back