Would this Build Work?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Riceras

Which would be easier???

LS Crank
B20 Block
B16 Head

or

LS Fullswap Bored Over to 84mm
With B16 Head?

Which would be an easier Build? That would also allow more power down the Road?

the LS and B20 cranks are the same, dont bother changing one out for the other
boring a stock LS to 84mm is asking to blow up
now if you meant resleeving it to 84mm, then yeah definatly go that route.... a resleeved 84mm LS block will be stronger than a stock B20 block

:werd:

B20 would be easier because you don't have to resleeve, but the B18 with an 84mm bore sleeve would be stronger and more expensive. Both go together the exact same way.

Boring shave the clynder sleeves, so the walls get thinner. The thinner the walls get the weaker they get. Sleeving replaces the stock sleeves with larger stronger ones, that is why it cost $$$. GO LS/vtec and if you want / have the $$$ in the future sleeve the LS.

well the sleeves themselve aren't even that expensive. It's installation that's expensive.

I was going to do it till I was quoted nearly $600 to install them on top of the 450+ they are to buy, plus the 400 for pistons.

Damn- Golden Eagle will install a set of sleeves for just over $800- that's way cheaper than the $1000+ you were coated.

damnit...i woulda done it too. 800 bucks for a practically brand new engine. I had a perfect crank too. Some 9:1 Wisecos and some scat rods. I could have had a 400 HP LS.

Post to fix server database date problem - ignore this post.

HondaSwap Staff

Back