Would you move overseas?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'd move in a heartbeat! My wife and I plan on moving to Italy to retire and die someday. :) If I could get a job out in northern, western or southern europe, I'd be moving tomorrow. You have no commitments, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain (life experience wise). Do it up!

I had cars in Japan...it wasn't too bad.;)

I just talked w/ a coworker about it, she live in Dublin for 2 months and loved it. She used bunac.org which helps w/ pretty mcuh everything, but id be inelgible for that. But she said if i have the citizenship i shouldnt need a work visa or go thru most of the mumbo jumbo that goes along with moving to a new country.

I say i want to do this in 1-2 years, but probaly will be more like 2-3. Either way, ill still be in my 20's! :) I bet i could recrute someone to go with by then ;)

b16, funny thing you mentioned retiring... i want to retire and live in Carmel by the Sea in California... even though im a firm believer in Cali being a good place to visit, not to live (atleast for me) that place is siiiickkkk

b16, funny thing you mentioned retiring... i want to retire and live in Carmel by the Sea in California... even though im a firm believer in Cali being a good place to visit, not to live (atleast for me) that place is siiiickkkk
Carmel is very nice. My brother in laws' dad used to be the mayor of Carmel (after Clint Eastwood). I don't live too far from there.

I could stand Canada, Norway, Sweden, Finland, or Denmark maybe.

I say go for it. I'm highly considering moving to Berlin after graduation next year because I really need a change of pace in my life. I'm sure if you do it, you won't regret it.

I was watching Anthony Bourdain, and he was saying that the job market in Ireland is really starting to take off. After all of the civil wars were over, it became just like any other flourishing European city. Although I heard the food wasn't that great, but if you are a citizen, I'm sure you know what the food is like.

I'd def. do it. Make sure you have a job lined up or at least have a few solid leads. Nothing worse than being stuck in a foreign country with no money or job.

I want to spend a few years in Europe. I def want to go to Slovakia but I'm not sure if I want to live there.

listen i do love australia.....but after almost 18 years of it im sick of it....

i myself am considering a sea change.....new zealand is on my list.... ive got family i didnt even know about there :mellow:

but if i had the cash i think the united states of america would be my first choice...

well not untill im atleast 21 ;) ive got bars to go to you know ^_^

There's lots of places I'd love to move. However Ireland isn't one of them lol.

Ireland = two week visit and be done with it.

As far as living goes.
I'd rather hit up China, Japan, or Thailand.
Out side of Asia I would love to hit up Spain for awhile.
Then there's a bunch of South American countries that my brother says are awesome. He is currently living in south amerca. My other brother is now in England and so far it seems to be the least fav place he's been to, Japan being his most enjoyed.

Most other countries I'd like to do a 1-2 week tour.

Both my brothers are well traveled. in here's an e-mail I got from one of my brothers, This one went to college in Japan and at least use to speak fluent Japanese, he also speaks pretty good Spanish. Anyone who wants to check the world out might find it as a good read.

Hello All,

After almost two years of traveling I'm finally going to take a break and
hopefully and settle in either Buenos Aires or somewhere in the Philippines.
I spent over a year in Latin America, six months in Europe, and almost two
months in South East Asia before going back home to the States to visit my
family for the Holidays and to figure out where the heck I was going to live
for the next couple of years. I've had a great time the last two years. I've
met a ton of wonderful people seen some amazing things and have a very
different outlook on life. I thought that after two years and twenty plus
countries I would have found utopia by now, but unfortunately you start to
fall in love with parts of lots of different places which makes it even more
difficult to choose one place over another.

I finally narrowed the options down to the Philippines and Argentina for
personal and business reasons. I found it to be an absolute pain in the ass
to rent short-term properties while traveling so I'm in the process of
creating a website where you can rent short-term properties from anywhere in
the world. I'm going to open an office and hire several people and the
Philippines and Argentina are cool places to live and places that I think I
can afford. I just flew into Buenos Aires yesterday to see how expensive it
will be to operate from here and to see if I can pitch to a few property
management companies. If it turns out to be too expensive to operate from
here then I'll probably fly out to the Philippines in about a month to set
up shop there.

I'll keep you posted where I end up but if you're in Buenos Aires over the
next month let me know. Hopefully
one day I'll get around to just picking the best one's out.

All the best!

Eric

In case you're curious here is my travel itinerary by country in order
visited for the last two years

United Sates

Argentina

Uruguay

Argentina

United States

Costa Rica

Panama

Colombia

Peru

Argentina

United States

Argentina

Brazil

Germany

Czech Republic

Germany

Austria

Hungary

Poland

Germany

Belgium

Holland

Germany

Czech Republic

Bulgaria

Greece

Italy

Germany

Switzerland

France

Spain

Portugal

Spain

Germany

Thailand

Singapore

Philippines

United States

Argentina

but if i had the cash i think the united states of america would be my first choice...
^_^

You really don't need that much money to move out here, unless you wanna live in a place with a climate similar to where you are now. Moving to Tx, Az, Nv, or even around the Gulf Coast wouldn't cost very much. Cali on the other hand, just make sure you have a shit load of money in the bank or have a great job lined up.

You really don't need that much money to move out here, unless you wanna live in a place with a climate similar to where you are now. Moving to Tx, Az, Nv, or even around the Gulf Coast wouldn't cost very much. Cali on the other hand, just make sure you have a shit load of money in the bank or have a great job lined up.

The problem is getting into the US with the proper papers is VERY VERY VERY HARD!

However you can visit the US and just never leave, it's not like they ever deport anyone. Finding a job might be tricky but if you ask around work is out there.

My coworker was hit twice by two different illegals from south of the border. both had no DL or insurance. did anything happen to them? yes they got a ticket and have to go to court. What I dont understand is how when they clearly have no papers how can they go to court and if they don't show up how can they be tracked?

ohwell I guess its one of those don't ask don't tell things. So if you want to come here just take a trip over.

However if you want to do it the right way be prepared it's friggin hard.

Oops, forgot all about the immagration process lol. Did you hear about the two illegals who killed a member of the cincinnati reds staff? One got away and the other will probably be deported and serve no time. Ain't that some shit.

Back