Would You Pay $3000 For This Engine?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civ90hb

Ok, here is what is all done to it
Custom Rods
JE High Compression Pistons
20mm Bore
Port & Polished Head
Titanium Twin Springs & Retainers
Valves
JG Cam
Dist With MSD Cap
ZC Half Shaft
Focuz Intake Manifold
BBK 62mm Throttle Body
AEM Fuel Rail
Moroso Oil Pan With Pick Up Tube
UR Cam Gear (race gear)
UR Alt Pulley (race gear)
UR Single Race Crank Pulley
Jun Ultralite Flywheel
ACT Extreme Pressure Plate
ACT 4 Puck Disc
Throw Out Bearing
Release Bearing
Alingment Tool

So is all that worth $3000? He has receipts on most if not all of the stuff too...All I would need is tranny, axels, & injectors correct? ECU too...So good deal? Oh ya 15:1 compression...

it seems about right, but you can get a complete GSR swap for roughly that price, why not dohc?? If you an sohc guy that is cool, just don't know what you want to do with your ride thats all.

Milan

Originally posted by statiksol@May 24 2003, 09:24 PM
20mm bore? hmm....

I didn't even see that.Hahaha

oh my bad it's a d16a6, i dunno what the 20mm bore is all about either...he has like $5400 in receipts & the engine should be good for 12s easy, possibly 11s...i'd prefer to get a dohc engine but my buddy is offering this to me...i'd prolly get an Si tranny & some beefy axels, i don't know what size injectors i'd need, i found a ecu for it already...so does it sound good or no? oh ya 0 miles on the engine too...

what kind of car is it going into?

it's probably a .020" overbore

you aren't getting a trannY??
you wont go as fast as you want to in a single cam w/out some form of boost/juice.

it'll be going into a 90 std hatch and oh ok and no tranny with the deal, i can pick up a si tranny from my buddy for it though, also this engine is supposed to produce 270 hp....thats what the guy says but you never know...i figure it should be in the 12s atleast which is damn quick for a sohc non vtec honda engine with no power adder....

270 whp?? never.

270 at the crank??
that'd be like 230 at the wheels if you figure a 15% drivetrain loss.

i just dont think that will make that much hp

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@May 25 2003, 11:52 AM
15:1 compression . . . . holy gas payment batman!

Hahahha ,word, it's not even worth running 100+ octane.

3000 can get you a B16A SiR II with some bolt ons. It's a nice build, with the exception of the 20mm bore, he might have overdone it there. :)

aight, i was just wondering, i sorta figured i wouldn't get it & just get a b18c & some bolt ons...thanks for all the replies & by the way runnin 15:1 compression there isn't really room for a power adder...

Driving very high compression motors for a daily driver sucks, you have to buy nasty octane gas that costs like 4-5bucks a gallon, and 270, well you get the point :lol:

Milan

I would never buy a built engine that was used for some miles. The only way I would buy that engine is if it was from a shop, had some kind of warranty and you can really trust whom ever built the engine.
I would go b series.

ya i said i'm not gettin it, my buddy built it & had good shops build it & all but no warranty & like i said no miles on the engine but still not what i am gonna do

Back