wow how could honda do this

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok well this weekend i made a discovery after a cam locked up in a head. you all are not going to belive this but you will when i post pics for you.

the cams on a D16z6 are a billet gun drilled cam with press fit lobes.

ok to see this for your self pull it out look at the lines that run down it lond ways notice that these lines continue on under the cam lobes and jurnals. now look at the lobes on the side of them the have stamped markings signifing which one it is square triangle and a rectangle. as you are looking at these think how else could thy cut some of these angles with out cuting them and then pressing the lobe on. i will post up pics as soon as i get a chance.

also i confirmed my theroy bye smacking a lobe with a hammer and to my suprise it broke and fell off in two halves. and yes this is a stock i look at three diffrent cams that came out of a D16z6 head. the D16y8 is not that way just the z6 look for your self and think about it is this a good idea really what if it slips or breaks in half while driving

Back