wow..it takes alot for me to be impressed w/an EF

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I posted an estimation. It could be +/- one or two hundred. and when I get the money for my build I will post the total cost of everything. Just gotta wait a couple of years since I'm poor

ahh yeah what labour?
unless you guys run on thailand or indonesian labour rates?

Maybe? Its just an estimate. I wasnt thinking about labor, but for parts, motor, plus tuning you're going to be looking at around 5k atleast when its all said and done.

May i suggest searching around here, honda-tech, homemadeturbo.com, and other sites to gather information. Look on those sites for estimates on d16's, or go to hmotorsonline or torontojdm.com. It also depends on what kind of kit you want. Y ou want one that comes with almost everything or something that you're going to source parts on your own and put together? Use google to look for kits and homemadeturbo or turbod16.com on how to put one together yourself. As for labor, call some local places or look online for estimates from other shops.

It all depends on what products you use, second hand products, install yourself, etc etc...

Its hard to generalize how much things will cost but I can tell you that you wont make 300fwhp with just 3k. Definately not if you need a shop to perform the work.

To flesh out the estimate:

750 motor and trans
500 tuning
500 rods/pistons
??? sleeves
2-4k turbo kit (lower being used parts, higher being new)
1k misc parts, tools, gauges, etc

Labor? Most places run 55-75/hr and some have flat rates. Again, do some searching instead of relying solely on our words.

real talk , dont forget youll need to stop better with all that extra power.

Sort of dumb to just put money into th motor and none into suspension, traction, and brakes.

For really.

lol my post wasn't the most explanitory. It was not including labor or the motor itself it was for the ones who bought a honda with a d16z6/y8. Yea, more like 5k with the swap and labor included I was talking about parts themselves. No suspension/brakes either.

I'm just trying to say that for a 350-400 whp goal I think it's cheapest to go with a D. For you guys with outrageous 500+ whp goals, a B or K :).

lol my post wasn't the most explanitory. It was not including labor or the motor itself it was for the ones who bought a honda with a d16z6/y8. Yea, more like 5k with the swap and labor included I was talking about parts themselves. No suspension/brakes either.

I'm just trying to say that for a 350-400 whp goal I think it's cheapest to go with a D. For you guys with outrageous 500+ whp goals, a B or K :).

Hahaha, it is definitely not cheaper to go with a D to get 350 to 400 whp. Think before you type shit.

Hahaha, it is definitely not cheaper to go with a D to get 350 to 400 whp. Think before you type shit.

How about you think? Parts are way cheaper for D's :). Any other engine is around $2,000 just for the swap itself (that counts too) when a D can be found as little as $500 :). Shit even less than that.

wrong. d engines are cheaper, but parts are usually the same as any b series. Look at ANY turbo mani, ANY ic kit, ANY turbo kit... at best youre saving 200 bucks.

There is a turbo d-series civic that lives 2 blocks away from me... its been on the same motor and turbo for 4 years, his WIFE daily drives and races it...... it makes 320 on the ground

total cost INCLUDING the car was 3 grand.

wrong. d engines are cheaper, but parts are usually the same as any b series. Look at ANY turbo mani, ANY ic kit, ANY turbo kit... at best youre saving 200 bucks.

You're gonna say wrong? Is $200 not $200? Sounds cheaper to me. Hell that's at least 5 oz. of bud. And when you put in the $2,000+ for the B swap itself, yea, hitting 300-350 whp IS more expensive with a B.

Thank you Ninja :).

There is a turbo d-series civic that lives 2 blocks away from me... its been on the same motor and turbo for 4 years, his WIFE daily drives and races it...... it makes 320 on the ground

total cost INCLUDING the car was 3 grand.

This guy obviously had the ability to do some if not all of these things:
Do all of the installation.
Fabricate his own manifold/exhaust.
Tune it himself.
Get parts for way cheaper than the average guy.

Sure it can be done, and has been done, but you gotta know your shit and have some hookups, if this is your very first build, you will NOT build a 300whp D series for $3K.

Maybe not less than 3k first build...but less than if you did it with a B :). Unless you're a total shop whore and do absolutely none of the work yourself which makes building it kind of pointless to build.

^^ i was specificaly talking about turbo, internal, bolt on parts. Obviously when you include price of the motor its cheaper, but also consider you dont NEED to dive into the internals when making 300whp with a B, where as with a D you're more than likely to need rods/pistons/sleeves/etc.. and if you cant do that all on your own then youll end up spending about the same on those parts+labor as the cost of a B swap.

but this is getting dumb, we're just playing semantics here. This arguement could go on forever.

i like boobs.

Last edited:
Back