Wow, the justice system actually does work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canuck 93 Civic Si

I doubt anyone remembers my thread about my careless driving charge.

Here it is

But anyway, I just got back from the courthouse a little while ago. The trial date was supposed to be yesterday, but we ran out of time to finish my case. The prosecutor asked us if we would like to adjourn it until the same judge and prosecutor were avialable (this would also void our right to file a charter case(the fact that it took 11 months for a trial)). Much to thier dismay we said we want a trial as soon as possible, like tomorrow.

So the next day (today) we go into the court, wait till they get all the plea bargains out of the way and take a short recess before the trials are held. Just before the judge comes in, the prosecutor come up to us and says 'im dropping the charges, i spoke to the investigating officer and there is no possiblility of a conviction'. Wow, what a difference a new prosecutor made. The one from yesteday was a complete asshole. So if you think youve been wrongfully ticketed, learn up on the court system a bit and go to court, sometimes it works.

:cliffs:

Went to court over serious traffic ticket
Dont have to pay $325 and loose 6 points

FUCKIN BADASS YO!!! Congrats and way to go!

Reading helps.

Congrats.

Like B said. Don't let it go to your head.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 11 2004, 07:53 PM
now don't be an ass and do that shti again

Hahaha, i think your the fifth person to tell me that.

But of course, Im really watching myself carefully now. I think a few trips to the track are in order so I can play around a bit and get my speed fix every once in a while.

Back