Wow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just curious, but what kind of hp numbers does a Civic have to have to beat a busa? Like 500? 700?

I still call BS.... there is NO way that the civic left an 1100 ANYTHING that hard on the street

Unless there was a pre-drive burnout and they were launching on concrete the bike wouldve left the civic instantly.

Just curious, but what kind of hp numbers does a Civic have to have to beat a busa? Like 500? 700?

a "booosa" or GSR 1300 as we like to call it is around 485 lbs with about 165hp. Do the math of weight to hp. (it's about 3 pounds per hp)

OH I almost forgot, that weight of course goes up with blingin gold 18" wheels, extended 16" gold swing arm, blue neons and phat money-encrusted paint jizzob.

I still call BS.... there is NO way that the civic left an 1100 ANYTHING that hard on the street

Unless there was a pre-drive burnout and they were launching on concrete the bike wouldve left the civic instantly.

Mickey Thompson street legal radials....Drives this car daily...

No way. 800 whp from a k20 on 20psi with a sc61? I dont think so. No honda engine will produce 800whp on 20psi with any turbo. I've made 551 with a 60-1 @ 22 psi and c-12. I've seen two hondas break 700whp, and that was with a lot of boost. t88 dual ball bearing on 35psi made 792whp... best time of 9.4 @ 158mph.

No way. 800 whp from a k20 on 20psi with a sc61? I dont think so. No honda engine will produce 800whp on 20psi with any turbo. I've made 551 with a 60-1 @ 22 psi and c-12. I've seen two hondas break 700whp, and that was with a lot of boost. t88 dual ball bearing on 35psi made 792whp... best time of 9.4 @ 158mph.

Hey LS, I have to ask...the 60-1 you talked bout here and in my thread, is that a T3? If you'd care to enlighten me in my own thread or a PM, I would greatly appreciate it.

My apologies for seeming like I'm trying to jack the thread, as that is not my intention. Believe me, I have my own thread to worry about. :D

Well it is possible. busa with a 160 pound rider would be 638 pounds 151 horse power is 0.24 horse per pound. civic at stock weight around 2400 pounds with 734 is 0.31 horse per pound. Take in to account that the average rider that talks a lot a shit will not push his bike to its limits. = a a well built civic running away from a bike.

Well it is possible. busa with a 160 pound rider would be 638 pounds 151 horse power is 0.24 horse per pound. civic at stock weight around 2400 pounds with 734 is 0.31 horse per pound. Take in to account that the average rider that talks a lot a shit will not push his bike to its limits. = a a well built civic running away from a bike.

This ones even better. I'm 160lbs my bike is 370 or so dry so figure 400 with oil/water/gas and is rated at 190+hp with ram air some say 195hp thats 0.3482...... hp per lb

I ran a 400WHP 350Z with my old F4i we went from a 80mph roll, I stayed with him till a good bit after 100 then he started to pull on me.

On my GSX-R I would have left him so far behind it would have been sad.

I don't think any FWD car driven on the street could ever outrun a new liter bike. I can't see it happening.Once it makes enough power to hang with or beat it, the tires wont hold. I had major traction issues with my old civic and that was with 1/3rd the power this guy is making.

Anywho check out this video

YouTube - 0-100-0mph Suzuki GSX-R1000 vs Lamborghini Gallardo

thought it was funny =) and for the record, bikes go much faster when both wheels are on the ground.

Back