Wow...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Very fortunately there are many other choices for having a car with a turbo... :)

That's f'n amazing, I wonder how many man hours went into that. I don't think I could of followed through with it.

The aerodynamics on that thing have go to be awful. Hope it only goes sub 5mph

"Hey mom, its cold in here. Can you turn the heater on?"

:)

Originally posted by MikeBergy@May 26 2004, 11:36 AM
The aerodynamics on that thing have go to be awful. Hope it only goes sub 5mph

"Hey mom, its cold in here. Can you turn the heater on?"

:)

Do you really think so with all of the openwork? What wind resistance? lol. I would be more concerned over the added weight of the ironwork... as to the cold, what about rainstorms? :lol:

Those old VW bugs were never very aerodynamic to begin with, no need with those little putt-putt air-cooled engines of theirs. Heehee.

Do you really think so with all of the openwork?

Yes, absolutly. All those openings and gratework create turbulence. When an object operates in turbulent air flow (such as every part of the car behind any part operating in clean air), it's coefficient of drag increases dramatically.

Those old VW bugs were never very aerodynamic to begin with,

Actually, they were way ahead of their times. With a little work to clean up the front and rear, the shape is incredibly efficient and capable of some pretty impressive downforce without any wings. It's major failing is the flat windshield, and there's not a whole lot you can do about that.

Back