Wrecked the WRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it wasn't the HP. lol
I'm keeping on E85 so it'll be more than the 540 ;)

In my defense I've NEVER had an accident or totaled a vehicle prior to this. Other than a speeding ticket or something my record is pretty good!

however to answer your question i will handle it with care :D

3-800-2013%20impreza%205%20door-69599.jpg

Go bigger or nicer....one of the 2. I refused to drive that Accord as my only ride.
I'm just one of those guys(for now) that has to have a car to brag about.

You're a bigger man than most to publicly admit for having a small D so easily. :p

You're a bigger man than most to publicly admit for having a small D so easily. :p

my taco works and no girl ever complained lol.
My D is like that salsa you can't stop dipping into no matter how much you want to stop. ;)

B: i hate spending that kind of money for a day ticket but it's the only way to not lose time off work :(
Especially after me leaving this Thursday to head to Cali for the weekend.

850cc injectors
GS tgv deletes with spacers and more misc stuff like gauges and shit.

TGV deletes are a nightmare.

Single dumbest mod I ever made. With the green brackets of death (GBOB) on the '02 WRX, they took forever to replace and the car never drove right after that - not to mention the CEL that had to be tuned out. Anything that kills daily drivability or would cause the car to fail emissions/inspection is no longer worth it to me.

never had a problem. fit like a glove for the 2.5 block, the spacer gave me more clearance for the tubing especially after getting rid of the fuel lines for the braided ones.

1) cel was an easy delete with both Cobb or opensource
2) NO EMISSIONS IN FL!!!!!!
3)car drove no different :)

Grimmspeed did an awesome job porting the factory ones.the time delay was the only thing that sucked. it was 2-3 weeks because they didn't have any in stock at the time

TGV deletes are a nightmare.

Single dumbest mod I ever made. With the green brackets of death (GBOB) on the '02 WRX, they took forever to replace and the car never drove right after that - not to mention the CEL that had to be tuned out. Anything that kills daily drivability or would cause the car to fail emissions/inspection is no longer worth it to me.

sounds like it wasnt tuned right, or at all.

TGV deletes are absolutely something that should be tuned for.

like Taco said, Accessport will take care of the CEL. thats the great thing about these things. you can build something pretty ridiculous with no catalytic converters and a huge truck turbo spewing smoke everywhere, but if you delete the CELs youll pass emissions because 95% of the time (excluding CA) they just plug in your OBDII port and check for codes and test your gas cap. no codes and you pass :lol:

sounds like it wasnt tuned right, or at all.

TGV deletes are absolutely something that should be tuned for.

like Taco said, Accessport will take care of the CEL. thats the great thing about these things. you can build something pretty ridiculous with no catalytic converters and a huge truck turbo spewing smoke everywhere, but if you delete the CELs youll pass emissions because 95% of the time (excluding CA) they just plug in your OBDII port and check for codes and test your gas cap. no codes and you pass :lol:

It ultimately was tuned but cold start ups just weren't the same. I went to one of the only dealers that tuned and warranty Subarus. I was pretty heavy into the suby scene. The dealership was 2 hours away in Long Island somewhere. It was street tuned rather than dyno'd.

Justin from Grimspeed did my TGV deletes, my turbo, one of my sets of headers, and a few other things before he was Grimspeed. Everything was port and polished and coated.

The Mass OBD inspections are car specific...it knows parameters and readiness codes for each vehicle

Ask the EVO and SRT4 guys how reflashes are working out for them

-but anything 15+ years old only needs to pass safety, hence why I bought a 98

That's crazy dude. Even at cold start ups mine did fine.
I even removed the air pump and nothing changed. 06 changed a lot of things and of course so did the tgv's and many other things. I wouldn't be hesitant anymore

dang. if i could have stayed at least another day i would have made a quick trip to visit.
Car is in Danbury

I live in Danbury (Clarification: I live part time in Sandy Hook) if you want me to check it out.

Plus, I have loads of Scooby knowledge, and a Subaru mech in the area.

I would still come up and drive it, but I'll try to be in town if you wanna meet up.

even if you were not a scooby guy.....pass up a chance to meet a fellow HS member would be retarded :)

My plane lands in Westchester air port at 11:30. I can text you the address and we'll plan to meet up if possible. I leave again at 6pm so we should have enough time to meet, see car, etc. I'd love to have a tech look at it if you can ask for me. i was planning on doing a compression test and simple check of all seals and look for leaks of any sort.

after talking with the guy numerous time he seems like a pretty detailed and straight up guy.

ohh and just like a subaru owner, this Sti's name is 'Casper'. It's ironic since it's one of the same names i came up with too.

Back