wrong forum but need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zackzerr

so i have a db2. intake, exhaust, and thats about all. when its running at an idle it mis-fires bad. but under a load its fine. a couple days ago i kicked a code 5 for the map. put a different map on and it kicked code 3. could it be bad map? by the way this car is wrong in so many ways. they used butt connectors on the injector clips. so i soldered them all. made a big difference. they didnt have the ground stap on the valvecover. and a bunch more stupid shit. would a map sensor cause this? when the cel was on it missed but would idle at 1000. cleared codes now it idles at 500 and still missing but no cel??? im pulling my hair out over this one. ignition timing is right, valve timing is right. i even found a bad looking wire in dizzy. fixed that no difference. any help would be greatly appreciated.

i would say you could potentially have another bad map sensor.
wouldnt hurt to try a new one.

but, mainly i think you have a lot of completely screwed wiring.
it may be worth your time to just buy a whole new engine harness and redo all of it.

could possibly fix the current problem, as well as fixing a lot of pending problems that are just one bump, or one start away from being an issue.

Back