Wrong move or right move

Wrong move or right move?

• Sweet your in the clear now! (go get that B16)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stay NA D16z6 (use the money to beef up the SOHC)

• Save and get the B18b (for low end pow

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

ok I sold my turbo kit that I was gonna put on my sol. My friend says biggest mistake i ever made but I wanna use the money for an engine swap to a B16. I use this car daily and with a turbo it wouldnt practical. I drive nearly 70 miles a day. Also I use the car for Autox and the turbo I had was small enough to have full boost at about 2600rpm so it would of been fast but only good for 180whp. well I want to get the B18b for a little better lowend but I like to have that VTEC topend too. so in my price range is the B16 with Vtec. WHAT DO U THINK?

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@May 9 2004, 12:02 AM
'00 Civic Si-T

Just out of curiosity what is a "Si-T"? Is that your way of saying your Si is turbo? I'm not trying to be a smartass... I just wanna know.

Originally posted by SasSi+May 9 2004, 12:33 AM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@May 9 2004, 12:02 AM
'00 Civic Si-T

Just out of curiosity what is a "Si-T"? Is that your way of saying your Si is turbo? I'm not trying to be a smartass... I just wanna know.

Yes he turbo'd his Si...like I wanna do.

If you're going to go with a motor, and can find one cheaper go with a GSR motor instead of a B16.

Option 5) save and buy a GSR or Type R

That one gets my vote. A b16 in a Sol will be slow because sols are heavy. You'll need the extra torque.

why would you want a b16? doesnt a trim of that car come with one?

id go either b18 or work the SOHC.

well, id rather work the SOHC personally. :D

the b16 is a good choice; a itr final drive will help out with the low-end torque problem.
you can build up your b16 and maybe later do a ls/vtec; your head, i/h/e will already be built!

if You're paying more than $500 for a complete turbo upgrade, you're spending way too much.

-> Steve

spent about $700 on total parts for the turbo and gonna buy a B16 for ~$850

oh yeah sold the turbo for $800 on ebay!

another thing is when I get the longblock Im gonna put upgrades on it already before I put it in. Since there will be no down time i can do it right and wont have to worry about time

plans for B16

PnP, cams, springs & retainers, cam gears, ITR header, Skunk manifold, ICEMAN intake, and custom 2.25 exhaust, MSD ignition, VAFC

and then dyno then tune tune tune!

looking for ~160whp

Originally posted by SolPWR@May 9 2004, 09:48 PM
spent about $700 on total parts for the turbo and gonna buy a B16 for ~$850

oh yeah sold the turbo for $800 on ebay!

another thing is when I get the longblock Im gonna put upgrades on it already before I put it in. Since there will be no down time i can do it right and wont have to worry about time

plans for B16

PnP, cams, springs & retainers, cam gears, ITR header, Skunk manifold, ICEMAN intake, and custom 2.25 exhaust, MSD ignition, VAFC

and then dyno then tune tune tune!

looking for ~160whp

And after all that time and money, you'll still be slower than with that $700 turbo setup on your SOHC... *yawn*

FuckaB16. Repeat. FuckaB16. Why the hell are all you people obsessed over this engine? Oh sure, it makes 160 HP, but you have to wait 'till 5K to get any power out of it, and by that time, my turbo's been spooled for 2500 RPM, and I'm a good two cars ahead of you. B16s are the most overrated engines Honda's ever made. They're good engines... if the car doesn't weigh more than 2000 lbs. with you in it. Otherwise, fuck that shit.

:werd:

i would much rather turbo my d than drop 2500 on a b16

last summer i could have bought a b18b out of a 91 integra gs for 500 bucks...tranny, ecu, axles everything, and i was gonna turbo that, but i remembered i had no money..that would cost like half as much as a b16, and i'd have many much more power

Never been a fan of SOHCs, and i think the B16 makes a great daily driver motor, decent gas milage, along with some decent power. Bolts ons make the motor sound and respond well, and cams and other simple internal mods can make the motor scoot quite well. I have alway been a big fan of this motor as it combines good economy with good performance, and since I am a college student, economy is key for me. Plus I now commute to work, about 60 miles a day, and I fill up about 2 twice a week on the D15 which is getting about 30miles to the gallon, we will see where that goes once the B16 is put in this summer.

I say b16 is a good motor...the del sol came with a b16a3..if it wasn't a good motor for the car honda wouldn't have put it in there....we have a JDM b16 SiRII (XSi) motor in our 90 integra and it's quick...a lot quicker than the stock b18a that was in it...it does have less bottom end but it pulls very strong. Plus it get's 30 mpg regularly.

that's my .02

Back