Wrong! my civic is smashed

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ventolin5

i posted this:
I left work to go to lunch today and some young mexican chick in a 02 civic coupe turned right in front of me---SMASH!!--

My airbag deployed i was doing about 40 in my 93 si hatch with no seatbelt on and diddnt get a scratch thankfully, her passenger tire came off and her car was on the ground. both cars wicked smashed.

The bad thing is i havent paid my insurance for 9 months and still have a colorado drivers license (instead of california). gave the cops my expired card and got a ticket for the license.

So im gonna get smacked hard for no insurance.

I just want her insurance to pay for my car- ANY ADVISE??

Loco honkey posted this:
This is being locked for several reasons...

1) You're a fucking retard because you didn't have insurance.

2) It's fucking retards like you that don't wear seatbelts that make people like me have to buy overweight cars with airbags, ABS, and traction control, all installed by the manufacturer in a desperate attempt to save your stupid fucking ass.

3) Who gives a fuck if you wrecked your car? We sure as shit don't. Don't post this sort of festering belch of wisdom again.

I want to ad a few things:

1) she made a LEFT turn right in front of me

2) I realize i was stupid for letting my insurance lapse for a few months (my wife lost her job and we were having some financial problems)

3) I am not going to be punished for not having insurance, and it will not even make my insurance rate go up!

I talked to the insurance companys after i reinstated my insurance policy and there saying that it is compleatly her fault and that she will have to pay for my damages.

When making a LEFT hand turn on a street you HAVE to yield to oncoming traffic she did not, it says so on the police report. Left turnrers are 99% of the time at fault staight from the mouth of someone who knows what there talking about.

So inless you have been in the same situation are an insurance broker or traffic lawyer DONT SAY THINGS THAT YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT!
:fuckyou:

Dont feel bad man, this site is all about people with mood swings and lives that are " oh-so-terrible" cuz their girlfriends broke up with them, its all about whether you catch a mod on a good day or not, one day rice is gay, the next is all about " thier opinion of cool and opinion this opinion that your opinion isnt my opinion yadda yadda yadda" so, try changing your name, post the same thing, and they might think your just the coolest ;) .

ya B your right, i will do my damndest to always have insurance.
If that accident was my fauld i would have been in debt for years and years.

Stupid is making a mistake and not learning from it.

I realize i was stupid for letting my insurance lapse for a few months (my wife lost her job and we were having some financial problems)

Been there .......and done that.

sometimes you just can't afford even the minimum...I was struck in that same boat for the longest time...going thru college...and then the wife had some problems, had to start driving pizza's, and shit just kept pileing up. Bills started going late, and I had to start taking out more student loans for classes that I keep failing.......then the drinking started.....I wanted a way out.

That was not the right way.

The nice little CRX that I have was once totaled due to my stupidity...and I got a DUI after I collided head-on with a 94 Rustang...went to jail, got the full blown court crap, and then when I went to go get my car...the whole front end was like a bulldogs nose. Had to do the communitie service, and accept the no DL for 6 months, got fired from my job, had to drop out of college....and then to top it off.....I missed a payment on my insurance....I thought I was covered, but 1 week before the accident, they dropped me....no letters, no e-mail...no warning...my fault for not having the money. So now I had to pay for all of the repairs for his car, and try to get mine fixed.....I was out about $13,000 because of a few beers.

And I almost lose my wife....and then I prolly would have ended myself right then.

But....I took that crap, made myself a little better, and worked hard as hell to get back on my feet. I forced myself to get my Airframe and Powerplant licence, and got a job as an aircraft mechanic for below min. wage...and stuck it out, and worked as much as I could. Then after more experiance was under my belt, I switched jobs as much as I could to get a better paycheck.....and I have recovered so well, that now I have 6 cars, 4 running, and one going to the hunk yard tommorrow. AND YES THE 4 CARS ARE FULLY COVERED. including collision. fuck if thats going to happen to me again....

I tell this story as much as I can...in the hopes that someone will read it, and take heart...and don't do the fuck up that I did. DONT DRINK AND DRIVE. I am so glad the guy I hit didn't get hurt...and it could have been much worse. like manslaughter.

And before some people start swinging the phrase......"eitherway, you're still a fucktard for not having insurance. "...... think about it...some people have difficulties even getting food on the table, or shirts on their back.......and they need the little beat up cars to get to work to make what they can...not everyone grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth. Thats life.

/rant over

:tear:

What a touching story...

[strongbad]DELETED!!![/strongbad]

Nah, just playin', man.

Anyway, keep insurance on the cars... if you can't afford insurance, you shouldn't be driving. Period. I got damn lucky when I didn't have a license or insurance... I'll never take those risks again.

Get your car fixed... Because you didn't have insurance, you might have to take her insurance company to court to get it paid for... This is one of the things your insurance company would have done for you if you had been covered.

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Nov 12 2003, 04:42 AM

[strongbad]DELETED!!![/strongbad]

:bo:

strongbad own3d joo, and come to think of it everyone else too

s3fb203ad8165f.jpg

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 12 2003, 01:51 AM
eitherway, you're still a fucktard for not having insurance.

Agreed, and also for not wearing your seatbelt. ALWAYS wear your seatbelt!! Getting into a car accident and then being ejected from your vehicle is very bad news. Pavement rash, being run over by other cars, getting your head split open... need I continue? :angry:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Nov 12 2003, 08:22 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Nov 12 2003, 01:51 AM

Agreed, and also for not wearing your seatbelt. ALWAYS wear your seatbelt!! Getting into a car accident and then being ejected from your vehicle is very bad news. Pavement rash, being run over by other cars, getting your head split open... need I continue? :angry:

:concur: but fun though!

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3+Nov 12 2003, 08:40 PM-->
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Nov 12 2003, 08:22 PM
pissedoffsol
@Nov 12 2003, 01:51 AM

:concur: but fun though!

that reminds me of an old thread from hondaswap ver 1.0 or 2.0 where they posted pics of these guys who died in a ferrari going roughly 180mph(?) it was NOT pretty. one guy was mostly intact with nasty injuries to his torso...and the other guy was in pieces. his head was spilt in two. half of it was here, the other half was over there. and there was a pile of intestines lying by the guardrail. yummy!

:ph34r: eew!

I found out that she might not be covered with insurance because it was her parents car and shes not on their policy. There insurance is investegating them.

Think i have to go after them personaly (legally)

Originally posted by ventolin5@Nov 12 2003, 09:01 PM
:ph34r: eew!

I found out that she might not be covered with insurance because it was her parents car and shes not on their policy. There insurance is investegating them.

Think i have to go after them personaly (legally)

unadvisable. They'll come right back at you with the whole thing of you not even having insurance.

I only have one question, why lock that thread? I didn't know threads could be locked just because someone thinks someone else is stupid...who cares, just say someone is stupid and let it go....and let EVERYONE get a chance to say your stupid....don't lock threads for being dumb, lock them for ligit reasions or maybe I missed something that I should have picked up along the way...please inform me if I did.

Back