WRX Boost question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

With regards to the BPV...audi vw and i think subby all have that bosch bpv, and thats just no bueno for me. thing leaks like a sinkin ship after about 2 years. at least if you get something aftermarket you will be less likely for that to occur.

Quoted post[/post]]
With regards to the BPV...audi vw and i think subby all have that bosch bpv, and thats just no bueno for me. thing leaks like a sinkin ship after about 2 years. at least if you get something aftermarket you will be less likely for that to occur.
I would disagree that Subaru is using a Bosch BPV, and that it leaks after a few years.

I'm on my stocker on my '02, with modifed boost levels, and 65k on the clock. No leaking here.

I dunno if Subbie uses bosch. But the Audi/VW BPV seems fine to me. Even the upgraded stocker is just fine and for their price it doesn't even matter if they go bad every couple of years. Like I said, I think they're about 40 bucks.

I found out that anytime your boost controler is off it will only boost at wastegate press. 6~8psi depending on the weather

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
stock wrx is ~12 psi (.8 bar)
stock sti is 14.7 psi (1 bar)

B, what do you think could be causing to get max of 7-8 psi when boost controller is off? boost solenoid?
Tell me exactly how you put it back to stock? Maybe just set the EBC to 12 psi? :)

Yeah, I did that I was just thinkin that if I turned it off It would return to stock levels.. oh well its all good now

Back