WRX owners...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 3 2005, 04:32 PM
yeah, i did mean the sti, thanks

i've been in an Sti. When i used to valet, i parked one, and about 2 hours later, i decided to take it out for a quick joyride. and quick it was. that shit moves. i was actually kinda scared in first gear. well, not scared, but shocked you could say. basically, i was like "holy shit!!!". took me a minute to get it into reverse though. but yeah, the seats are cool, the dash is cool. it is a cool car. but i dunno, just something about the evo makes me :drool: (just sold a battery to a lesbian in a 2.5rs, what a sweet car) anyways, i love the way the Evo sounds with an exhaust. this guy is Stamford has a yellow one, with bronze rims, and a loud ass exhaust and BOV. i can hear that shit from like a 1/2 mile away and i start drooling. damn i want one of those so bad. in my opinion, this Evo sounds better than any Sti i've heard. but i'm not knocking the Sti either, they sound amazing also.
[post=535392]Quoted post[/post]​

God, that's a real shame. If you wanted to start hanging out here, we all let each other drive each other's car.. But not you :)

Subaru knows AWD better than Mitsushitty does. The balance of the two (Sedan and Wagon) are great, and the cars can't be fooled.

My gf, for all intents and purposes, didn't compare the cars - She wanted a wagon over a turbo, so the WRX was it for her.

Hey, not to threadjack or nothing, But her friend that used to have an 03 WRX said that the clutch chatter gets miserable in the winter. He traded his in for an Accord, which to me is insult.

->

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 6 2005, 05:16 PM

Subaru knows AWD better than Mitsushitty does. The balance of the two (Sedan and Wagon) are great, and the cars can't be fooled.
->
[post=536681]Quoted post[/post]​

I wouldn't go that far. They have been making AWD for some time. The EVO (remember, theres 8 of them) the FTO, the Eclipse, ect.

I loved the late 80's Scoobs with the dual-range 4WD for offroading. They had little plow attachments.

-> Steve

And I love Brats, to this day.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 6 2005, 07:18 PM-->
@Aug 6 2005, 05:16 PM

Subaru knows AWD better than Mitsushitty does.  The balance of the two (Sedan and Wagon) are great, and the cars can't be fooled.
->
[post=536681]Quoted post[/post]​

I wouldn't go that far. They have been making AWD for some time. The EVO (remember, theres 8 of them) the FTO, the Eclipse, ect.
[post=536719]Quoted post[/post]​

I thought the FTO was FWD? Of course I'm just basing this upon what's in Grand Turismo... and you probably have researched this more than I have.

The EVO was really their most successful AWD platform. Subaru, however, has been producing specifically AWD cars since their inception (or at least really far back).

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 6 2005, 09:45 PM
The EVO was really their most successful AWD platform. Subaru, however, has been producing specifically AWD cars since their inception (or at least really far back).
[post=536765]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuji Heavy Industries was created by 5 merging companies in 1953. They used the cluster of stars as their logo on their vehicles since then.

Originally posted by 2000Si+Aug 6 2005, 10:30 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 6 2005, 09:45 PM

Fuji Heavy Industries was created by 5 merging companies in 1953. They used the cluster of stars as their logo on their vehicles since then.
[post=536774]Quoted post[/post]​

So when did they start making AWD cars? Shit, yamaha goes back into the 1800s that doesnt make them the first makers of bikes.

So that's how they got that weird ass logo.

Originally posted by jeffie7+Aug 6 2005, 10:48 PM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 6 2005, 10:30 PM
Battle Pope
@Aug 6 2005, 09:45 PM

[post=536774]Quoted post[/post]​

So when did they start making AWD cars? Shit, yamaha goes back into the 1800s that doesnt make them the first makers of bikes.

So that's how they got that weird ass logo.
[post=536776]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorry, I shoulda read further down. They started producing vehicles in 1958, Subaru has ALWAYS been known for it's AWD platforms.

This is the reasoning behind the stars in the logo;

"SUBARU" is a Japanese word meaning "unite", as well as a term identifying a cluster of six stars, which the Greeks called the Pleiades - part of the Taurus constellation.

According to Greek mythology, Atlas' daughters turned into this group of stars. In 1953, five Japanese companies merged to form Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. The new corporation adopted the "Subaru" cluster of stars as the official logo for its line of automobiles.

I read further down and noticed that Subaru has an automotive plant in Lafayette Indiana.

reading > me

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 6 2005, 11:00 PM
I read further down and noticed that Subaru has an automotive plant in Lafayette Indiana.

Their headquarters is in the tri state area. I did an entire report on subaru.

FHI's Subaru division was the first Japanese auto maker to offer front-wheel drive passenger cars in Japan (1965)

Ok subaru did offer a FWD platform, but only in Japan. The rest of the world got four-wd in 1972.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 6 2005, 11:21 PM-->
@Aug 6 2005, 11:00 PM

Their headquarters is in the tri state area. I did an entire report on subaru.
[post=536783]Quoted post[/post]​

FHI isn't HQd here, just SIA (Subaru of Indiana). Which is a subsidiary of FHI.

Vehicles currently produced at SIA include:

- Subaru Legacy (Sedan and Wagon)
- Subaru Outback (Sedan and Wagon)
- Subaru Baja
- Subaru Baja Sport
- Subaru Baja Turbo
- Isuzu Rodeo
- Isuzu Rodeo Sport
- Isuzu Axiom

Originally posted by MadMaXXX@Aug 6 2005, 11:15 PM
yo stocka went down neega

madafakin fujitso heavy industries
[post=536782]Quoted post[/post]​

holy crap LMAO now I have to go watch that again!!! w00t.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Aug 6 2005, 11:27 PM

I know, like I said,

"About Subaru

Subaru of America, Inc., (SOA), is the exclusive United States marketer of Subaru products manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., SOA serves nearly 600 dealers nationwide."

Subaru's headquarters is about 45mins to an hour away from me. I had forgotten if it was in Cherry Hill, NJ or Philly, PA thats why I just said the tri state area.

We have lots of cool stuff around here. Mercedes headquarters in the United States is less than an hour from me as well, I'm not sure what other major car manufacturers have their headquarters here.

Oh yeah, may I add when I contacted Subaru the head of communications at Subaru of America was very willing and cooperative in aiding me in a college project on their company. She responded a number of times and promptly at that, to my e-mails. Kudos to subby.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 7 2005, 02:17 PM-->
@Aug 6 2005, 11:27 PM

I know, like I said,

"About Subaru

Subaru of America, Inc., (SOA), is the exclusive United States marketer of Subaru products manufactured by Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. of Japan. Headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J., SOA serves nearly 600 dealers nationwide."

Subaru's headquarters is about 45mins to an hour away from me. I had forgotten if it was in Cherry Hill, NJ or Philly, PA thats why I just said the tri state area.

We have lots of cool stuff around here. Mercedes headquarters in the United States is less than an hour from me as well, I'm not sure what other major car manufacturers have their headquarters here.

Oh yeah, may I add when I contacted Subaru the head of communications at Subaru of America was very willing and cooperative in aiding me in a college project on their company. She responded a number of times and promptly at that, to my e-mails. Kudos to subby.
[post=536965]Quoted post[/post]​

haha ok coo then. I saw tri state area and thought of In-Oh-Mi. :p

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 3 2005, 12:39 PM
evo's suck.

10k, you'll be buying a new clutch
the interior is civic-quality.
it still drives like a fwd car
its obnoxious as fuck when you put an exahust on it.
its a dsm
its made by mitsushitty, who is on the verge of going out of business. they are always in the news.

sure, they are quick, and handel good. but i went with the sti for a reason.
and i too, think the evo looks better.
but the sti is just a better built car.
[post=535364]Quoted post[/post]​

1.) Evo's don't suck, you suck ;)
2.) I have 25k miles on mine, clutch is like new.
3.) It is far from FWD car, did you even drive one? I recently had the pleasure of taking the Evo to Thunderhill on the road course. There is no way this thing drives like a FWD. I've been open tracking FWD Honda's for over 3 years now. Dohcvtec_accord is correct, in most cases they out handle the STi. STi's advantage is the nifty DCCD they have, which you can give it more of a RWD feel.
4.) I don't think my 3" exhaust is obnoxious :) However, I must admit I LOVE the sound of the boxter motor with exhaust. It is damn sexy.
5.) It is NOT a DSM.
6.) Yes, Mitsubishi is having their problems, that is without question. However, this is the most fun I've ever had driving a car.

I have not had 1 single problem with my 05 Evo. I've been driving it HARD for the past 25k miles that I put on it in just 9 months. As far as power goes, most stock Evo's make nearly the same dyno numbers as stock STi's. Last time I dynoed mine with exhaust, chip and mbc I made 253awhp and 250awtq on a mustang dyno.

So, in short I went with the Evo because I saw it as a better value. I got mine for $500 over invoice the same week the 05's were released. I drove my friends 04 STi and test drove the Evo. I think it was the super quick steering ratio that sold me on the Evo. It is almost like driving a go-kart. But, both cars are great and you can't go wrong with either one.

Originally posted by B16@Aug 8 2005, 02:27 PM
4.) I don't think my 3" exhaust is obnoxious :) However, I must admit I LOVE the sound of the boxter motor with exhaust. It is damn sexy.
[post=537554]Quoted post[/post]​

Boxer. :)

Boxter is a shitty car made by Porsche. :lol:

But yes, there's nothing that quite compares to a boxer engine in sound, whether loping at idle, rumbling at 3k rpm, or screaming at 7k rpm.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Aug 9 2005, 08:22 AM-->
@Aug 8 2005, 02:27 PM
4.)  I don't think my 3" exhaust is obnoxious :)  However, I must admit I LOVE the sound of the boxter motor with exhaust.  It is damn sexy.
[post=537554]Quoted post[/post]​

Boxer. :)

Boxter is a shitty car made by Porsche. :lol:

But yes, there's nothing that quite compares to a boxer engine in sound, whether loping at idle, rumbling at 3k rpm, or screaming at 7k rpm.
[post=537822]Quoted post[/post]​

Ooops, my wrx buddy always corrects me on that, when will I ever get it right? :p

Back