WRX owners...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by B16@Aug 9 2005, 09:55 AM
Ooops, my wrx buddy always corrects me on that, when will I ever get it right? :p
[post=537844]Quoted post[/post]​

Probably about the same time that you decide to get rid of that car and get the right one. :p :lol:

$100 fuel bills every week do that to you.

my fuel bill is 100 bucks a week with no turbo...just a long as drive in a car that i cant help but put my foot down in.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 3 2005, 11:52 PM
People like you are the reason why I'd rather walk 500 feet (regardless of the weather) than valet park.
[post=535529]Quoted post[/post]​

dude, honestly, i was the best valet they had. i didnt drink on the job, steal peoples cigarettes/phones/whatever else they found. hell, i didnt even smoke on the job. but get this, my boss for fired for being a crack head. dude, and this goes for anyone...

DO NOT VALET YOUR CAR!!!!!

so, you were still that prick who took customers cars out. and thats why i dont trust idiots to park my car. cuz what if you fucked it up? crashed it? fucked the trans? scrateched it?? youd be fucked.

Rock on.

Going to go check out my 2002 WRB WRX with 24,000 miles in less than an hour. I hope everything checks out with the car. Unfortunately the warranty on the car wasn't an extended one and it runs out after 3 years, so it'll be up in October. I don't know if I should just purchase a warranty through a dealer and get raped or if I should try to wing it.

i'm saying, atleast i didnt take out some guys fucking porsche like this other kid did. i took ONE car down the street and back, and hey, we had to use that street to park the cars anyway. i'm not an asshole, i was gone for a minute and a half, very very careful, never went above 35. the kid who took the porsche was gone for like 15 or 20 minutes. god only knows where and how fast he went. and i'd rather have to pay for someones crashed STi than a crashed porsche.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 14 2005, 02:39 PM
Rock on.

Going to go check out my 2002 WRB WRX with 24,000 miles in less than an hour. I hope everything checks out with the car. Unfortunately the warranty on the car wasn't an extended one and it runs out after 3 years, so it'll be up in October. I don't know if I should just purchase a warranty through a dealer and get raped or if I should try to wing it.
[post=539931]Quoted post[/post]​

If it's bumper to bumper, get it. I'm beginning to peel away the layers of romance with the car to find the true, ugly, nature of the beast. If it's only drivetrain, you can get a complete new motor and or trans for less than most warantees (We were offered one for about $2000)

Originally posted by SiLude+Aug 14 2005, 02:24 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Aug 3 2005, 11:52 PM
People like you are the reason why I'd rather walk 500 feet (regardless of the weather) than valet park.

...... but get this, my boss for fired for being a crack head. ......

[post=539922]Quoted post[/post]​

[jules]English, motherfucker. Do you speak it ?[/jules]

-> Steve :)

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 14 2005, 08:41 PM-->
Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 14 2005, 02:24 PM
Battle Pope
@Aug 3 2005, 11:52 PM

...... but get this, my boss for fired for being a crack head. ......

[post=539922]Quoted post[/post]​

[jules]English, motherfucker. Do you speak it ?[/jules]

-> Steve :)
[post=540003]Quoted post[/post]​

lol this kid is great, everytime he makes a stupid comment or says something retarded he tries to play it off like its no big deal, or over explain everything so it doesnt sound so bad. ooo ooo, that or he tries to include somebody else and make them look worse, even tho he is in fact, retarded.

Originally posted by Celerity+Aug 14 2005, 07:40 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Aug 14 2005, 02:39 PM
Rock on.

[post=539931]Quoted post[/post]​

If it's bumper to bumper, get it. I'm beginning to peel away the layers of romance with the car to find the true, ugly, nature of the beast. If it's only drivetrain, you can get a complete new motor and or trans for less than most warantees (We were offered one for about $2000)
[post=540001]Quoted post[/post]​

I loved the car, absolutely loved it. I was thoroughly impressed with its performance as well. It reminded me of my girlfriend's dad's '03 Mustang GT. We were up to 90mph on the highway no problem whatsoever. The car has a Cobb Stage 1 chip, OZ rims, blitz exhaust, and an aftermarket BOV as of when I drove it. I would be getting it with stock rim and stock exhaust I think. Loved how it felt, loved how it looked, loved how it was a tiny little car.

As far as gas guzzler is concerned, the kid says he gets 400 miles out of the 15.9 gallon tank. Although, the gas is 93 octane and more expensive, the car I'm currently driving get AT VERY BEST, ONCE 420 miles to 17.7 gallons of 89 octane.

Suzuki Vitara best gas mileage ever - 23mpg...this has happened once, maybe twice that I got over 400 miles to a tank. The car has 172,xxx miles on it now and my father never was able to hit 400 miles to a tank in the 147,xxx miles he granny'd the car.

Subaru WRX - 25 mpg according to the kids flat number of 400 miles per tank. Specs say 27mpg and I usually get the best gas mileage possible, floating around in low rpms whenever I can.

In the end, my gas bill will probably be near identical and I'll be driving a car that I like 100% more and thats 100% better performance wise. If the mechanic okay's the car this saturday, I may have just ended my year and a half of searching for a car.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Aug 14 2005, 09:40 PM
The car has a Cobb Stage 1 chip, OZ rims, blitz exhaust, and an aftermarket BOV as of when I drove it. I would be getting it with stock rim and stock exhaust I think.

When you ordered the WRX, you got a choice of some hot wheels. The BBS on mine, for instance, are it's original wheels. Ask him for a sticker or something that lists what it came with. If not, www.subydude.com has what you're looking for.

As far as gas guzzler is concerned, the kid says he gets 400 miles out of the 15.9 gallon tank. Although, the gas is 93 octane and more expensive, the car I'm currently driving get AT VERY BEST, ONCE 420 miles to 17.7 gallons of 89 octane.

Suzuki Vitara best gas mileage ever - 23mpg...this has happened once, maybe twice that I got over 400 miles to a tank. The car has 172,xxx miles on it now and my father never was able to hit 400 miles to a tank in the 147,xxx miles he granny'd the car.

Subaru WRX - 25 mpg according to the kids flat number of 400 miles per tank. Specs say 27mpg and I usually get the best gas mileage possible, floating around in low rpms whenever I can.

In the end, my gas bill will probably be near identical and I'll be driving a car that I like 100% more and thats 100% better performance wise. If the mechanic okay's the car this saturday, I may have just ended my year and a half of searching for a car.
[post=540041]Quoted post[/post]​

Yah, I was lied to the same way. Sticker said 20-25. Lucky to get 22 pussyfooting it. My 4Runner gets more, but at one HELLUVA performance cost, so it's not a bad concept.

Good luck with it, and with all the WRX converts here, you'll be able to get WRX help as much as Honda help. Oh, and do me a favor (All the WRX owners here) Run your engine and observe your main pulley - Tell me if it's vibrational or otherwise unsettling.

Originally posted by Celerity@Aug 14 2005, 10:07 PM
When you ordered the WRX, you got a choice of some hot wheels. The BBS on mine, for instance, are it's original wheels. Ask him for a sticker or something that lists what it came with. If not, www.subydude.com has what you're looking for.

Not BBS because they're 16's not 17's.

Yah, I was lied to the same way. Sticker said 20-25. Lucky to get 22 pussyfooting it. My 4Runner gets more, but at one HELLUVA performance cost, so it's not a bad concept.

Good luck with it, and with all the WRX converts here, you'll be able to get WRX help as much as Honda help. Oh, and do me a favor (All the WRX owners here) Run your engine and observe your main pulley - Tell me if it's vibrational or otherwise unsettling.

Well, this kid seemed like a shy timid kid that hasn't really tried to push the sale of this car very hard. Hell it his for sale ad he said it had 24,000. After he drove like 50 miles today along with driving it for the last month or so that i've been talking to him, the car had 23,950 miles on it when I got in the driver's seat.

I believe him when he said that it got 400miles to a tank and he said it was good on gas. Sticker says 27mpg, he claimed about what would equal to 25mpg with mixed driving. I normally get more than sticker out of the car. My del sol was getting anywhere between 30-40mpg depending on how I drove.

I've have my mechanic look at the main pulley. I can spout of technical numbers and recite data and information that I've learned from researching and listening here, but I'm no shade tree mechanic or wrencher. There's no garage at my house and my father was never big on working on cars, so I'm pretty much on my own.

What size is your tank ? And if you run out of gas, don't you have that slot that you yank the pull string through to make it run for a few minutes :)

Originally posted by B16@Aug 15 2005, 01:01 PM
Damn, 400 miles to a tank of gas? I'm lucky if i get 200 in the Evo :(
[post=540275]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

its usually about 150 ish....

:(

what?!?! how big is your tank, gotta be around 15+ gallons. and if its more than 15 gallon tank, youre getting less than 10 a gallon, that aint right. thank god i get 30 around town.

i think its 14.x when im real low i get about 14 and change in there....

and yeah, i'm getting like 12 city, 17 highway.
less when i'm beating on it.

its a pig.

Back