1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: 1989 Si Hatchback (Michigan area)

Discussion in 'Vehicles: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by TheShortlyFunnys, Sep 20, 2006.

1. TheShortlyFunnys

TheShortlyFunnys New Member

I'm looking for a 1989 Si hatchback. It MUST be an 89, and it MUST be an Si.

Also, it does not need to be running, or even have a motor in it. But preference will be given to clean shells (minimal-to-no-rust).

This is for a race car build, so I'd like as solid a body as possible.

Located in SE Michigan (Monroe County). But I am willing to take a road trip.

2. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Question: why `1989, specifically ?

3. TheShortlyFunnys

Weight.

I'm planning on building a car for SCCA Solo STS class, and the '89 is the best Civic to use, as I am not allowed to change doors and such (which would save me weight in the seat belts).

4. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

1988. they don't have the automatic seatbelts. And you're saving about 8 ounces - it's no big deal. Not enough to shut out other years.

Basically take a big dump before your run and you're one up on it.

5. TheShortlyFunnys

It doesn't exactly work that way. Per the class rules, I'm also only allowed to run an engine that originally came with that trim level.

For instance, if I ran an '88, I would not be able to us the D16A6 that came in the 89-91 Si's.

The proven combination is the 89 Si, and after all these years that I've tried being "different", I've finally decided to go with something that's proven.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted