WTB: 86-89 Accord LXI front lip OEM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm in need of an Accord front lip from an LXI hatchback. They came stock on some models and was available as an accessory. The OEM part number is 08126-SE300. Thanks in advance from any help.

RE: Honda OEM P/N: 08126-SE300 (214738)

Civic_Tacoma:

Like yourself, I am also looking for a NOS (New Old Stock) or excellent used front lip spoiler to fit my 1986 Accord (3-DR LXi, see attached photo). I have been searching for one for almost 14 years now! Back in 1993, Honda Parts Division showed a stock position of two (2) units. I ordered several times, to no avail.

Contrary to what (I think) you say, it was NOT "standard" on any of the '86-'87 Accords. 08126-SE300 (also 214738) is listed in the Honda Accessories catalog which I acquired from my local dealer long ago.

During the past 14 years, I have NEVER seen an '86-'87 Accord with one! I have looked all over the Internet, called 500 salvage yards, with NO luck. I'd bet someone in Japan could help, if I could ever find that person.

Somewhere on this planet, surely there must be two: One for me, and one for you! If you learn of one, please contact the undersigned. Please include condition, price, location, and terms of payment.

Very Sincerely,

Robert Warden
wardenr@bellsouth.net

Attachments

• Left_Side.jpg
    Left_Side.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 11,641
KhrisB:

I am as serious as a fatal heart attack about what I stated in my earlier post.

I don't pretend to know everything about the 3rd Generation Accords. But I DO own a full set of Factory Service Manuals and an old dealer parts catalog which I've carefully studied for some 14 years now.

The front lip spoiler for the 1986-'89 Accord is a RARE item, day one, at best.

Again, I have NEVER seen one. NEVER.

I have gone through my local Honda dealer....and Vintage Parts, LLC...to find out who their original vendor was, for this particular part. Sorry, NO luck!

About seven (7) years ago, I ran an advertisement in Hemmings Motor News looking for 08126-SE300 Front Lip Spoiler. NO results! Sorry!

The 3rd Generation Accord (1986-1989) was sold in several other markets prior to its introduction to U.S./Canadian markets...under various other model names and identities. Japan (naturally) saw it first, in 1984-1985 models sold over there. I have reasons to believe there was also a European model introduced in several countries over there, circa 1985. They are quite similar to the U.S. and Canadian models.

Surely to God there must be a dealer...some independent company...or an individual...with one (or more) of these lip spoilers laying around on their shelf...collecting dust!

Hope I can get one...before they throw it out with the trash!

Very Sincerely,

Robert Warden
wardenr@bellsouth.net

Attachments

• Right_Side.jpg
    Right_Side.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 5,250
you dug up a year old thread for that...?

Nobody had one a year ago, don't think too much has changed. Just manufacuter a new lip from another car. Cut to fit.

Last edited:
No Subject

KhrisB:

As stated previously, NO ONE had one 14 years ago...NOT that I could ever find.

I tried a front lip spoiler off of a 1986-87 Integra...but it just wouldn't work.

BEST plan (at least for ME, anyway) is to try to find someone in Japan.

I want an OEM spoiler. NOT aftermarket. NOT some makeshift improvisation.

Although 21 years old THIS month, my '86 Accord LXi is in fabulous condition. And I am extremely PICKY about what I put on it!

Very Sincerely,

Robert Warden
wardenr@bellsouth.net

well then it looks like you're shit out of luck. Buy a new car.

<No Subject>

KhrisB:

To date, you are quite correct; I have been "SOL" about finding the front spoiler I want. But I have NO immediate plans to replace my car. I enjoy it just as much today as I did when I purchased it fourteen (14) years ago!

Sincerely,
Robert Warden

{No Subject}

KhrisB:

After struggling through Graduate School...and doing a lot of "Technical Writing," let's just say that an excellent command of "standard English" is REQUIRED...if you wish to be considered an educated, Professional person.

I'll leave wearing a <quote> "sweater-vest" to (the late) Fred Rogers. I'm quite comfortable in a sweatshirt...or a T-shirt. Thanks.

Regards,
Robert Warden

Mr. Rogers was a badass! Did you know he wore that sweater all the time because he has rad tatoos all up his arms?

KhrisB:

GIVE IT A REST! GIMME A BREAK? OK?

I'm NOT LQQKING to argue, debate, or fight. Ostensibly like Civic_Tacoma, I came to this Website in search of a front spoiler for my ancient Accord.

Sheesh. I'm almost old enough to be your Grandfather! I was HERE, long before your Parents even met each other! Go be a nuisance to YOUR own "age group." THEY are better equipped to tolerate YOU!!!

If YOU can and will HELP, fine. Otherwise, GET LOST and have a Happy Whatever!

Regards,
Robert Warden

Jeez...I thought old people were supposed to be patient...

have you tried craigslist.com???1986 HONDA ACCORD LXI
I'm not sure what your location is, but we have bellsouth in the southeast.
I was just messin with ya...

Back