WTB: '88-'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremek

Hi all. I'm looking for the best example of the 88-91 Civic Wagon with the real-time 4WD system and manual transmission I can find... As I really can't find any at all, I recognize this might be a tall request. I know they're rare, but there has to be someone that's been waiting to buy a new car or something but can't bear the thought of pawning it off for next-to-nothing trade-in value or to someone that won't appreciate the car and just treat it like a beater.

There's gotta be someone in this community that would like to sell their ride, or knows someone that would, to someone that would appreciate a wagon. Please let me know! Thanks!

Appreciate the offer and response but I think I have to aim for a 6-speed... That's just too cool (and fun, and versatile, and tractable) to pass up. Thanks, though!

I have one of these myself

A '91 Civic Wagon with RT4WD, 6 speed manual and Supa Lo. It's a great car, handles in any weather (like a wagon, which I am OK with) gets 30 MPG if I keep the oil filter clean. But it has 200K + and burns about a quart of oil every 500 miles. Maybe that quart of oil is what gives it the extra mileage ;).

I am also looking for another, somewhere near VT. I'll keep this one going as long as I can, but nothing lasts forever, just ask Rutger Hauer (theatrical version coming to DVD this month). I am also looking at a CRV. I am not a Honda Geek, but the CRV sounds like what my Civic Wagon turned into. And according to a friend with one, the crv can get pretty good mileage also. But I am probably not going to find a CRV in the price range I found this wagon in.

If your in Texas, talk to this guy. Doesn't sound like he's selling, but if he were that's a nice looking wagon... Jspek Forums - my 91 civic rt4wd (56k yikes)

We have an 88 Real Time 4WD 6 speed manual trans with air that only has 100K on it. (We have a civic 2 door and an Accord also) It was used only in the winter - we keep the studded tires on it year round. Bought it new. New water pump and belts (ALL of them including timing, air, alt., and power steering). Car runs great, good glass, minor rust spots above rear wheel wells. Blue. 4 door, but back door needs inside lock repaired. Good studded tires. Located in northern CA near OR border. Open to offers over $1500.

Thanks for the off JIWKI

If I were within 500 miles, I'd whip over there and pick it up. If Any one has one to sell in the New England area, I'd be interested in checking it out. My wife has been driving mine lately and now I think we need two.

I have, for sale, a 1989 Honda RT4WD (automatic with A/C) with 105,000 miles on it. It is in upstate NY (Vestal,NY). I am asking $2500. The car is originally from Cocoa Beach, Florida (a one owner, older woman). I purchased it in December of 2007 and drove it back to NY. For a 1989 I would say that the car is in outstanding condition. The body (medium Blue paint) and interior (light Blue cloth) are very, very nice. The A/C blows cold and everything works with the exception of a problem with the transmission...it slips when shifting from 3rd to 4th in the normal drive mode and when hot reverse slips also. I have a complete history from the original owner of the repairs done and I myself have put over $1000 in repairs (normal wear items) in the past 2 years of ownership. I do not have the ability to post any pictures but if you could see the overall condition of this car you'd agree that it is well worth repairing!!!

I did some research online oand found 4-5 used transmissions ranging from $200 to $450 with 90 day guarantees (plus apprx $100 shpg.). I also checked on total rebuilds of my current tranny and was quoted $1400 to $1800 (depending on what they found) with a 1 year or 12,000 mile warranty. I have 3 other cars and decided that I did not want to put any more $$$ into this car. If I only had $2500 into it and had to fix this tranny I'd spend the money but, I've got much more than that into it! So...if there's someone out there who is looking for a Honda RT4WD...this one is exceptionally nice!

Found a CRV

I did find a CR-V, 1998 with 150K manual transmission and very clean. It wasn't in the same price range as a RT4WD wagon, but what does a fella expect. It's nice having a little more clearance and room inside. But I am disappointed with the sacrifice I had to make in gas mileage. My 1991 RT4WD (manual and burned a six pack of oil every 3K miles) got a solid 30 MPG. I have gotten as low as 23 with the CR-V and never better than 25 measuring it tank to tank. It also does not have a lot of "pep". Over all, I still enjoy the CR-V, but I have some serious seller's regret about selling my 1991 RT4WD and would be interested in one in reasonable condition with a manual transmission in New England area.

the offer here are real great. i myself have a 88 civic which i have given to my younger brother however overall the car is working really great with good handling. i just wanted to know that if we wanted to get a deal for it how much it would be. looking at the current figures here i think i should get some good dollars with a bit of cleaning up. hope to try my luck this winter.

i have a super clean fully restored one red interior with mint silver body with new paint call me 9415249674

Hey, I live in northern CA and I am looking for an 88 or newer 4wd civic wagon. Just drove up to Oregon to check one out, but it was an 86 and wasn't the right one. Anyone still have one for sale? I am able to come buy it monday or tuesday- so cash in hand and looking to buy asap! Thanks-email me buttonsamy@gmail.com

I found this ad through a Google search because I am also looking for an 88-91 Honda civic wagon Rt4wd.
I like in northern California and am willing to travel for the right one. I prefer a 1991 just because it is the last year of the body style but any 88 89 90 91 is ok. I would really like to buy a 6 speed manual and prefer that it is in all stock condition. I prefer low amount of owners and mileage doesn't matter much to me. Just would like to have one in immaculate original condition and I am willing to pay the price for the right one. I see a few threads on this post that I am interested in.. If you still are trying to sell, reply to this thread. I am willing to buy, willing to travel for the right one. Title must be clean, must have original Rt4wd rims I don't care about tires, and must have pink with I.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back