WTB: 92-96 Prelude

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mondojackal

i want to buy a 4th gen prelude. i prefer an Si (H23) over a V-TEC one, but i would take an H22 lude. im not interested at all in automatic ludes, or in f22 ludes.
my budget isn't that high-i'm looking for a lude in the price range of $3000-3500.

Im just curious why you would like the H23 or a VTEC.....im asking because im in the market looking for a 95 prelude with a VTEC in it.....everybody ive tlkd to says that the h22 is a strong reliable block.....and the h23 might not be great in the long run......im not sure how accurate this information is so can you tell me?

SINFULDREAM said:
Got A 93 Si H22 Prelude W/a 2001 H22 Motor In It (30k) Red, Manual, For More Info Call 908 966-7354
where are you located, and how much are you asking for the prelude?

tmiles713 said:
Im just curious why you would like the H23 or a VTEC.....im asking because im in the market looking for a 95 prelude with a VTEC in it.....everybody ive tlkd to says that the h22 is a strong reliable block.....and the h23 might not be great in the long run......im not sure how accurate this information is so can you tell me?
well, honestly, im not a big v-tec fan. and the h23 is capable of some respectable power in NA form, and some serious streetable power where turbos are concerned. as far as the H22 block being stronger, i dont see how. the h23 can hold the same, if not more, boost than the h22 can hold, and do it safely. sure, the h22 will make more power in the end, whether you go NA or turbo, but the h23 has a more natural powerband, and it will make 250whp easily, which is plenty enough for a street accord or prelude.

the h23 and h22 are essentially the same block. whoever told you one was strong was flat lieing to you.

the h23 is more turbo friendly due to lower compression, no vtec, and the ability to bolt a 4g63 turbo manifold to it.

Back