CA WTB: B16A3 Intake Manifold and Throttle Body

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ha_neon

Like the title says. I need an OBD1 intake manifold and throttle body from a USDM OBD1 Del Sol VTEC to pass the state referee inspection in California. Let me know what you have basically what I need is a B16 intake manifold with the purge control solenoid and a b16 throttle body that's setup for the MAP sensor to attach to it. the JDM B16A doesn't have the purge control solenoid and the Map sensor is attached to the firewall. This wont pass inspection in Cali.

just so you know you can use an obd1 LS throttle body to pass inspection.. they're the same thing..

hmm... the same except the vacuum port on the intake manifold that goes to the FPR is in a different location and the stamp will say P75. This Referee is a real dick he wouldn't pass my JDM D15B Vtec so I'm going to put a B16A in just to pass. His excuse; the D15B doesn't match any know US configuration (D15 bottom, D16 vtec head). But the B16A could match the B16A3. He checked block codes, head codes, IM codes, etc... the guy takes his job too seriously.

i said throttle body, not intake manifold.. i know you'll need the a3 IM.. i passed BAR before, but the car was stolen

oh sorry for not reading, You're right I could use several different TB's I'm actually in the process of coming by a B16A2 TB.

IDK. I hope not since that was a selling point for me. I don't know how many FITV's I've had to tighten up...

well, i know the 99-00 A2s didnt have the fitv underneath.. the 96-97 del sol A2 might have had them

well either way it'll be a miracle if I find a B16A3 IM, I think I might just pick up a D16Z6 bottom end, which also seem to be in short supply.

i sold mine.. i had it left over because i switched to a BLOX manifold.. car got stolen and didnt need it anymore.. sorry.. i'll keep an eye out for you

thanks for the info, I was actually down stairs attempting this on a P08 intake manifold I had laying around, and it's a PITA but it will work then all I need is the TB. we'll see which way I go.

Back