WTB: bare B20 shortblock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jayp

Like the title states, I'm really looking for just a bare B20 short block, it must be legit, and the cylinder walls can't be scratched up too badly. I live in the Houston, Tx aerea, if you have one, then please let me know, Thanks.

get a b18b, or b18c block, then get it bored to 84mm for like $50. b18b is way cheaper than a b20 block, and they are exactly the same thing.

Umm saturns right about buy a *b18b1* and bore that motherfucker out, but not for $50, and if ya do do it, dont bore it that much, go like 83 the most, just for the sake of ur emgines life. Plus if your gonna beat the shit outta it, then stick wit 82-83

if you try to bore out that big you will end up breaking something unless you get it sleeved, which is 1000+. i say hes on the right track for the cheapest way to get 2.0l. sorry i cant help you man, i just didnt want you to think you can make a b18 2 liters with only 50 bucks.

u want to rev high?....just stick to the B16A's or B18C's

for 700 you can have my B18B complete engine....

limit.jpg

please do not try doring that block to 84mm.
it WILL NOT WORK.
try http://www.thepartstrader.com/

DTEC: please keep your comments to yourself as you are obviously uninformed.

a b20 block is exactly the same as the b18b block, the only difference is that honda has bored it to 84mm.

it has the same block casting, and the same crank.

then why does the service manual say the boring limit is .25mm?
when honda bored it +3mm?
interesting?
if it WAS the same, then why isnt the boring limit 3mm?

work with me here...
pictured below is an image of a b20 block (courtesy of Calesta) and below is a b18a1 block. there is NO WAY that the stock "sleeves" are the same and no way are the two IDENTICAL except for the bore. ... have a look for yourself.

look closely at the bottom image... if you bored that to 84mm, you would have no more of the steel sleeve left and you would be into (or very very very close to) the aluminum casting. and that would not be very safe AT ALL.

plus look at the gap difference in the water jackets. the gap in the b20's jackets are smaller because the inner sleeves are BIGGER.

engine_boom_med_01.jpg

ls.jpg

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Oct 7 2003, 12:39 PM

a b20 block is exactly the same as the b18b block, the only difference is that honda has bored it to 84mm.

seems YOU are misinformed, yes the BLOCKS are the same but the SLEEVES are different. you will NOT get to 84mm on stock b18 sleeves

Well what do you want for a complete b20? pm me with details, i have a bit saved for a lsvtec or a CRVtec let me know man....

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Oct 7 2003, 08:39 AM

man, you say a lot of stupid shit on this site.

i will sell a complete B20 JDM motor with 15K miles on it for 1000....they have a full start up warranty and you will not have a problem with these....this is the complete motor from valve cover to oil pan and of course the intake manifold....they come with a cut harness and working sensors.
shoot me an email if you want this motor or a different one.
Dancomer18@hotmail.com

Back