WTB: CRX HF Tranny and any 1.6L or less EFI engine that easily swaps to 1st gen CRX

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

itjstagame

As I says. I just found a very clean 1st gen DX automatic. The thing is already prepped for a swap and I hate automatics and would prefer EFI. The guy I bought it from was planning for going for power and performance, I'm going the opposite, I want 50+MPG.

So I want an HF tranny and would prefer any easily mountable EFI engine that's 1.5 or 1.6L. I will need almost the full wiring harness and ECU too since my 1st gen is carbed. It needs to be 1st gen crx, 3rd gen civic or '86-'89 Integra, I think an Si wiring harness would be easier but would kind of prefer an Integra motor.

I'd really prefer that any engine I get I put an HF tranny to, does anyone have one sitting around they swapped out for shorter gearing?

Even more preferable would be a shifter and linkages and a clutch pedal and slave cylinder (or clutch master not sure how CRX works yet) to complete that swap too, but I can probably pick that up anywhere.

I'm located near Albany, NY/Capital Region/North East/New England, I am only 2 hours from NYC or Boston and will travel to either and have a pickup for easy hauling.

Last edited:
What year DX and what's the 4spd out of? I thought all the manuals in the CRX were 5spd, is it from a same gen civic or is it automatic?

Oh and are they down in Maryland?

out of an 88 with 137k on it, yes in MD, all Civic Standard/DX's were 4spd manual

Back