OH WTB D15b2 or B20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EthanC

I have 1989 Honda Civic Dx Hatch with a D15b2 with a hole in it. I am looking for either a motor that will drop in and run in my car without having to change anything or I am lookin for a full (or as close as possible) B20 swap. I would prefer the B20z but am open. I am located in Columbus OH, the closer the better.

How much money do you want to spend? That is a huge difference, not only in price, but in labor as well. Not to mention performance.

I need a block at a minimum for the d15. I understand all the vast differences between the two. It currently has a d15 now which would be a quick fix and I wouldnt pay much for. The b20 is the ideal setup I want which I therefore am willing to spend more time and money on. Im only interested in a cheap drop in or the ideal set up. Im am open on fair prices for both...

My suggestion: Drop another D15 in there, and over time collect the things you will need for the B20 swap. Rebuild the motor, add boost, or make it Vtec, and get it ready to drop in. Then, do the swap. That way you will still have your car for a DD, and you will be able to put the B20 in later.

My .02

Thats what Id like to do as I have been DDing my CBR rain or shine for the past couple months but I cant seem to find any D15s. No one has responded here, none locally, or on other forums.

Where are you from?

Craigslist is a good place to look. And you can probably find one at a junk yard close to you.

Columbus Ohio. I have been looking in Craigs with no luck and the junkyard want to much for both so I was hoping for a semi local private seller.

Back