WTB: D16 - D16Z6 rebuildable motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Angus

I got a '92 Civic EX from a customer who put a hole in the block. I thought it would be easy to find a good lower end, rebuild it and give the car to my girls. Anyone have an old short block laying around? I run a small shop and prefer to rebuild the motor and my D16Z6 head is still good. I'm not interested in converting a D15 since this is a daily driver for kids and I do not need to buy high octane gas. Anyone want to clean out thier garage?

Angus

I want to stick with a D16. This is a daily driver for my young kids. I do not need the power or high compression.

Thanks

i think you should consider D15B it is much a better engine because it has 3 stages vtec which is more efficient in gas consumption and its a plug and play to your d16 tranny...at the same time its cheaper...well, its up to you..

i have a z6 block with a bad piston on cylinder 4 200 shipped

Thank you all! I found a D16A6 for $100 local to me. It is missing the cam and the head has been removed, but included. No I need to refresh it and put it in.

Angus

Back