1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB - D16Z6 longblock

Discussion in 'Parts: For Sale/Trade/Wanted' started by witnessXtheXend, Feb 20, 2005.

1. witnessXtheXend

witnessXtheXend Junior Member

What's up everyone. Like the title says, I'm looking to buy a D16Z6 longblock. Preferably with less than 75K on it. I live in northern IL zip 61342. My timing belt went and trashed my motor, so I'm going to get another and swap it in. Then rebuild my old one for boost while it's out of the car. Any help is very appreciated. Thanks

Email is the easiest way to reach me - witnessXtheXend@yahoo.com

I also work at JC Whitney where I get hefty discounts, I'd gladly help somebody out if they help me out.

2. projectxspeed

projectxspeed Senior Member

I have a d16y8 shortblock in good condition for 50 + shipping. If you are set on a d16z6 longblock I can probably get you one for 625- 750 + shipping.

3. witnessXtheXend

625-750 for a z6??? That's a little steep. I want to stay away from D16y8's, want to stay in the same gen. Thanks for the response though.

4. projectxspeed

sure no prob, you do know that a d16y8 with bolt right up to a d16z6 and perform the same

5. witnessXtheXend

i know the y8 will drop right in, but I don't want to convert the y8 from OBDII to OBDI, sort of on a budget for this.

6. projectxspeed

There is nothing to convert. All you do is bolt you d16z6 head onto the d16y8 block add your tranny and go no converting necessary.

7. CMCivicSI

CMCivicSI Member

I have a long block, but i disassembled the head from the block. Would need a head gasket. Live in Wisconsin. Will sell it to you for $500. Check out pics at www.delusionh.com and go to garage sale icon.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted