Wtb Head For A D15b2 Or Good Replacement Motor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ssgdgun

ok I bought a 91 civic lx sdn for 80 bucks with a thrown timing belt. so here are my assumtions Please correct me if I'm wrong! that the valves are mush? that it would be cheaper to get a used head than replace valves?
OK so which heads can I use with no modifications using the stock dual point fuel system intake and exhaust manifold, the valve cover etc from the stock head or possibly if i found a head with cover ..., I'd get a new head gasket, and timing belt. can i do this cheap? I know not very exciting but when you need advice come to the experts right? I'm keeping my eye out for motors and heads, timing belts gaskets etc that i need for this job.

Hi,,

Why not just swap out the engine for a ZC 1.6L SOHC or DOHC engine.
Why settle with 96HP when you can have 130HP (stock)

You can pickup a good used ZC for less than a engine rebuild.

If your valves are toast there is a good chance you pistons and cylinders are toast also.

Chris
90 Civic DX ZC 5spd :sleep:

yeah but used head on ebay 50-100 head gasket less than 50, timing belt less than 50. ok so assuming my bottom end is good 200 bucks tops for a head swap. if my bottom end is screwed 300-500 for a decent used D15. a ZC is going to be what 400-600 plus 200-300 for mounts. ok so if i could do it for 600 what else would i have to do for the simplest ZC swap? oh the car has a 5 speed. will the d15b7 head from a 94 work for me?

hey I have complete 1.5 from 93 civic that runs awsome it came out of my civc with 113,000 mi on it didn't smoke burn oil or anything I just want to see it go to good home the reason I am getting rid of this just did a b16 swap well let me know I only want 200 bucks for it I live in upstate ny email me back at Poot9191@msn.com

ok well i bought a "good running" complete 90 civic lx 5 speed engine (D15B2) for $102.50 plus $200 for shipping so guess problem solved. and it was the cheapest sure thing I found. without knowing whether my existing bottom end is ok.

That B7 for $200 would have been a better deal. And just FYI the ZC doesn't need any mounts nor does any other D series from 88-99

Back