WTB: Headlight Switch for CRX - ASAP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dacheat

..is grounded.
hey everyone, I need a headlight switch asap for my rex; mine took a dumper today, leaving me w/out headlights :(

this is my daily driver...thanks! :rolleyes:

right. it's listed online as the 'headlight switch' or as the 'turn signal switch' or as the 'combination switch' - either or any way, i need the one that cranks these bitches on and off, and i need it pronto :thumbsup:

yeah ok...so i learned something....1) it is possible for two new headlight bulbs to blow simultaneously, even though you were careful not to touch them during install 2 weeks ago, and 2) that will cause the wires leading to the bulbs to fail a power test, and 3) that will lead dorks like me to assume that because the rest of the lights function properly, and surely both headlights wouldn't pop at the same instant, that the haynes manual's circuit test means we need a new switch.

i threw some other bulbs in to triple check the problem, after finding that the full combo switch assembly retails for $170 (rockauto.com) and just getting the headlight switch itself retails for $95 (hondapartsdeals.com). yup, the test bulbs worked. now i know!

ps a mod can kill/delete/remove this thread if they don't think it'll be useful to anyone for posterity ;)

Wow. stroke of luck on that one.
I hate replacing that, if you didn't get one soon I would have tried an external switch.
Fixed now though ^_^.

Back