wtb: iacv (the black solenoid one)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have a few but im in texas. there are two types differentiated by the bolt pattern. i think the later model honda/acuras have a closer bolt spacing.

edit: i think the later models might even have more wires. what year vehicle are you working on?

its a 99 integra with a b16 head. the iacv that i have on it now is the same as the one i need. the problem is that the solenoid is getting stuck or something. when the car is cold and i try to start it, there is a loud buzzing sound that comes from it. i have to tap on it a few times to get it to stop buzzing, and then the car will start.

Originally posted by wickedplastikman@Feb 16 2005, 11:07 AM
its a 99 integra with a b16 head. the iacv that i have on it now is the same as the one i need. the problem is that the solenoid is getting stuck or something. when the car is cold and i try to start it, there is a loud buzzing sound that comes from it. i have to tap on it a few times to get it to stop buzzing, and then the car will start.
[post=461649]Quoted post[/post]​

the car will start even with a totally blocked off iacv and run fine, the only thing you would notice would be a surging idle and possibly code 14. are you sure it's the iacv?

i dont think its the tps because the buzzing is definitely coming from the iacv. if i unplug it, its stops buzzing. if i bang it a little, it stops buzzing. i have to mess with it to get a cold start. so, im pretty sure its a bad iacv.

Back