WTB ITR Motor Swap and suspension Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mikevr4n

i need an ITR Engine swap complete. Also need the ITR 5 lug suspention, complete ITR interior, front and back bumpers, tail lights and a spoiler

Originally posted by Mikevr4n@Mar 24 2005, 11:48 AM
i need an ITR Engine swap complete. Also need the ITR 5 lug suspention, complete ITR interior, front and back bumpers, tail lights and a spoiler
[post=478005]Quoted post[/post]​

Go buy an ITR....

why exactly do you need this?

Ok the motor swap I can see...maybe even parts the suspension. But why the body parts.

If you're putting it on a hatch or coupe, just get an ITR it really will be cheaper.

oh ok....my suggestion would be to sell the shell, you're not going to get much but its better than nothing and buy an ITR or GSR or a hatch and then do a swap.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Mar 24 2005, 01:48 PM
sell the shell, you're not going to get much but its better than nothing and buy an ITR,GSR, or hatch and then do a swap.
[post=478102]Quoted post[/post]​

Def makes more financial sense!

Originally posted by Mikevr4n@Mar 24 2005, 02:29 PM
i have an itr shell thats missing those parts
[post=478086]Quoted post[/post]​

Just drop a gsr motor or a frank put a body kit on it - and call it a day- wont find the parts you need any where cheap or available much at all ebay is the best bet

im looking to spend about 3500-4000 for engine swap. 1000-1500 for suspension.
1000 for interior and another 1000 for body parts. i bought the shell for $1500.
so its gonna cost me $8000-9000 for a 2001 type r with a clean title. so how is it cheaper for me to buy a complete one for $14000-$20000

Originally posted by Mikevr4n@Mar 24 2005, 08:18 PM
im looking to spend about 3500-4000 for engine swap. 1000-1500 for suspension.
1000 for interior and another 1000 for body parts. i bought the shell for $1500.
so its gonna cost me $8000-9000 for a 2001 type r with a clean title. so how is it cheaper for me to buy a complete one for $14000-$20000
[post=478298]Quoted post[/post]​

your prices are pretty low... you are't getting an itr motor swap for under 5k. jsut the 5-lug conversion with wheels goes for 1000-1200. then, you still need all the lca's, springs, shocks, etc etc...
seats- are huge money.

i dunno...

more power to ya if you want to pull if off... but it can be done- i just don't think its cost effective.

i say do the motor, and do the rest with gsr parts. it will save you a heck of a lot of money.

no matter how good you are at rebuilding stuff and finding stuff in 100% mint condition, it will never be like a factory built oem ITR. and if you got an ITr shell, chances are it was a stolen recovery or crashed, which means that that title isn't clear-- and well, there goes allt he value in the first place.

i dunno man- its your car and cash- do what you want. i just think its a waste of money.

its a recovered theft and its a clean title because someone stole it from the guy i bought it from and he only had liability insurance so the insurence dident cover any of the damage thus its a clean title. ALSO PLEASE DONT RESPOND WITH ADVICE IM LOOKIN FOR THE PARTS NOT ADVICE. THANX

Back