wtb p08 m/t ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dansace

I need a po8 m/t ecu. If anyone has one or knows where to get one please let me know asap. I just ordered my engine and they were out of ecu's. Thanks guys.

If you cannot find a P08 have someone burn a stock P08 bin on a P28 and disable the 02 sensor heater circuit.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 14 2005, 11:07 PM
a po8 works better for the d15 swap and less wiring if he owns a cx.
[post=445903]Quoted post[/post]​

If he plans to keep his swap stock (hah! ;)), then he should go with the P08, but if he ever wanted to boost and then tune his engine, it'd be better to have a USDM ECU to work with as they are much easier to socket and chip. JDM ECU circuit boards are put together differently and not easy to socket.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Jan 14 2005, 10:29 PM-->
92CivicCx
@Jan 14 2005, 11:07 PM
a po8 works better for the d15 swap and less wiring if he owns a cx.
[post=445903]Quoted post[/post]​

If he plans to keep his swap stock (hah! ;)), then he should go with the P08, but if he ever wanted to boost and then tune his engine, it'd be better to have a USDM ECU to work with as they are much easier to socket and chip. JDM ECU circuit boards are put together differently and not easy to socket.
[post=445913]Quoted post[/post]​

i know this,

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 14 2005, 11:32 PM
i know this,
[post=445914]Quoted post[/post]​

I wasn't implying that you didn't know that about JDM ECU's, but I was trying to explain why I thought that dansace should consider having a USDM ECU for his swap over the JDM P08. For the extra wiring involved, he would have greater flexibility in his system to allow for proper future engine management.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Jan 14 2005, 11:29 PM
[post=445913]Quoted post[/post]​

Personally, I think the JDM ECUs are easier to chip. The SMD latch, resistor, and capacitors mean less desoldering.

Thanks for the quick responses. I looked all over today (even on ebay and did not see that p08) and finally found one for 185 shipped. HMotors was oing to sell me one for only 100 but they only had a/t. I would like to boost in the future but didn't want to deal with the 4 wire conversion. I guess when I boost I will just buy a new ecu. I should get my engine by next friday and the ecu before then so hopefully I won't be rollin' that 70 hp pos after next weekend. Thanks guys! (and Gals?)

Back