wtb

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

80civicwagon

i need a b16 without vtec and everything needed for a complete swap

b18a/b DOHC NON VTEC 1.8
B16 DOHC VTEC 1.6
D16z6 SOHC vtec
d16a6 SOHC NON VTEC
D16y8 VTEC SOHC

Man!!You do not learn!!!
First you need to stop listening to your little ricer friends!
2nd go out and do some of your OWN research,reading and learning!!

Originally posted by 80civicwagon@Mar 8 2005, 09:34 PM
i need a b16 without vtec and everything needed for a complete swap
[post=470934]Quoted post[/post]​

No, hes looking for a B16 block with an LS head on it. Thats his high horsepower no vtec b16

You don't want a VTEC motor either. The proper spelling is VTECH. Get it right

Im curious as to whether or not you know what vtec means or does?

the reason for posting that i want so many engines it that i have more than 1 car unlike most of you that have one and pour all your or your parents money into only one car I have 3 that i want to make fast and look somewhat nice

Originally posted by 80civicwagon@Mar 11 2005, 10:00 PM
the reason for posting that i want so many engines it that i have more than 1 car unlike most of you that have one and pour all your or your parents money into only one car I have 3 that i want to make fast and look somewhat nice
[post=472491]Quoted post[/post]​

I don't think alot of our parents support our car habit/hobby.
You talk a lot of shit for someone who was looking for a d18!!! LOL :lol:
BTW it is vtec,not "VTECH"
Just based on those two things,and the fact that you listen to your friends to much which so far has made you look like an idiot,you have no reason to talk any garbage.

Originally posted by 80civicwagon@Mar 11 2005, 09:58 PM
the reason for not wanting VTECH is that i am going to turbo it and VTECH dicks with the turbo so does dohc but not as much
[post=472490]Quoted post[/post]​

that's interesting...for one, if you properly tune your car with the turbo, the vtec will be fine. it's just a little harder to tune (from what i've read). secondly, how the hell does dohc dick with the turbo? shit, if anything it helps and has nothing to do with fucking with the turbo. just means you have a cam for the intake side and a cam for the exhaust side, therefore allowing for more valves and higher rpm's.

DOHC will allow you to alter timing on intake or exhaust seperately

ie: intake +5 degrees and exhaust -2 degrees...

and dohc and sohc can have the same number of valves...
16 valves, 4 per cylinder... in both vtec and non vtec dohc and sohc

Back