Wtf 13k Rpm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

still its high as hell.
thats what the title stated.
Still though, sounded like it was going to go.

in BMI's roaring Vtec video there are somr really high revving engines, in particular an integra type-R with Toda VTEC killer cams revving to about 10K and it sounds WAAAYY faster than that.
If I knew how to rip it I would post it.

after the original video, on the bottom there is a video of a golf hitting 10K, whoever thought they were ripping 13K and posted that video was a little off...

Last edited:
the needle starts at around 4k RPM's so theres no way it's revving close to 13k, you can hear when the engine note changes when VTEC engages.

the guy could have toda vtec killer cams, or set to kick in lower.
I honestly don't know, i think its specced out on youtube or something.
The tachometer could be off, only way to really tell is with an external readout, or knowing what transmission is used. Tachometer could be off.

id say about 9500 too...its not SUPER difficult to get the engine to rev that high. High Comp, and good cams will put you there and still making power.

i'd say 10,500. i've been with tom in his crx (tbone) at that

you know, the more i look at that video, i really think something is wrong with his tach. not saying it can't be done, but if you watch the spedo, you'd think he'd be going allot faster. he started at around 60-65, and it sounds like he rammed into third, then fourth. even my little 1.5 can do 110 at 4th gear, not as fast but close, very close. i don't know, i'd need to see it person.

I've done this by accident before. I took the guages out of my sisters explorer 'cause the dash bulb blew. The three screws that hold the needle motor on were triangulated which made it really easy to re-instaled in a different posistion. The face side of the motor had a notch for the needle to go back on, so it would only install pointing at 4 grand. needless to say .... it reved way farther than it was suposed to. I'm pretty sure something similar is going on here.

By the way ....Explorer that revs to 11 ftw!!!!!!

with these mods, no way he is even hittin 13k

MSD 8.5mm wires
NGK racing sparkplugs
B&M Fuel Pressure Regulator
port matched intake
70mm throtle body
Ported & Polished
5way angle valve job
JDM 4-1 Header
Pro Race Crank Pulley
RC 310cc injectors
ACT clutch
ACT Pressure Plate
Comptech Billet aluminum lightweight Flywheel (6.75lbs)
finl drive 4.7

im looking to get $5900 fot it.

here is some info on the motor
Full JDM b18c (dc2, ITR) Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, head ect..... then it was upgraded with:

12.1.1 Compression
Skunk2 Stage 3 Cams
JUN Titanium Retainers
JUN hi reve Valve springs
JUN Cam Gears
JDM LSD ITR tranny
OBD2 to OBD1 ecu JUN progam
Apexi V-AFC vtec controller
MSD 6al Ignition
MSD Blaster 2 coil
MSD Blaster cap

I don't know the gears but. I'm guessing third
about 6k 62mph?
about 7K he's at 72 mph
about 8K he's at 82 mph
WTF crazy amount at like a hair over 100 maybe 102

Then the next gear
8K roughly 107ish

so looks like he's really somewhere around 10,000 rpm give or take like 500.
"10k to 13k RPM on Highboost fuel HHO" Title of this on youtube.
Doesn't make me too enthusiastic on the HHO stuff, I just came across this when looking around for it.

Back