wtf?...can't have a weekend where things just work

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
ok, I swapped out the modified EG harness off my OBD2 B18B w/an OBD1 teg harness..NO MORE CEL

but...now...it runs so rich it made my eyes water after 30 seconds
and it idles high (1200ish/INCONSISTENT idle)

also, if I blip the gas it'll rev but on the way down it'll blip itself again...wtf?

aaaand, I have a couple plugs with no where to put them

ok, couple new things I noticed

I have no vacuum hookup's on my intake manifold. There isn't one on the throttle body and there isn't one on the other side on the manifold in the back....so where the hell do I run the line for the canister.

Also, I have 2 MAP sensors, one on the throttle body and 1 on the firewall next to the fuel filter.
Which one do I use...or do I use both (I have plgs for both and they're both hooked up)

Plugs are black..trying to find someplace open to get some new ones..of course I'mat my mom's in the middle of nowhere and no one's here w/a car for me to borrow

this is driving me friggin crazy...especially since I don't have a CEL

Sounds like you may have the TPS and MAP plugs mixed up. The one with the red wire in the middle of the 3 wires is the TPS plug. You should use the MAP mounted on the t.body.

I got it running..barely

TPS was ok, I used the MAP on the throttlebody with the plug that comes from the chassis (not the one on the harness).

I had the wrong plug on the IACV

Now its starts right up, but barely idles..wants to cut out.

TPS adjustment?

Back