WTF? Cluster quit working, beeping sound and battery light.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

riceracerex

D-Series Ninja
WTF Man!? I was just driving around running errands today when my cluster suddenly quit working. The only light was the one for the battery and it is now constantly beeping when I am driving. Is this some sort of Relay? When I try to use my turn signals, no clicking sound. I can still use my headlights but None of my gauges such as fuel or temperature will work. Any help would be Sweet!:cool:

+1 on the relay
how many miles on the car? solders could be shot on the main relay

Around 180k miles on it. I have two extra main relays I can try out and see if they work. This is such a pain.

Bump, checked the cluster. It all looks brand new and the solder seems to be perfect. All the plugs have the wires socketed in place also. Hoover Damn! >_<

Ahh, Finally found the fix for this one. It was actually just a measly fuse that my friend said he already checked. That's what I get for not checking myself I guess. It was the backup lights fuse if I remember correctly but after I fixed it, it blew again and I think it's possibly the drivers side front turning signal blowing the fuse because I just seen that it was out. My car was crying for help and I was just ignoring him... sorry Rex. :(

I checked the signal and the bulb does not look blown...? Every time I use the left signal it blows the back up lights fuse. Is this a wiring defect?

I checked the signal and the bulb does not look blown...? Every time I use the left signal it blows the back up lights fuse. Is this a wiring defect?
It's a short to ground between the switch and the load... get a wiring diagram and check out the wires between the switch and which ever bulbs/loads it gives power or ground to. Wires get brittle and the shielding breaks all the time. It's common. Hardest problem to find, easiest to fix. Good luck :)

Ahh, what a pain. I swapped bulbs too and it worked fine for about a day and then the fuse blew again.:eek: I will try it with a tester. Thnx

check the whole wire going from the front to the back. You have a short in the wire some where and check it closely. If that doesn't work check all of the wires. from front to back on the tail lights and if any side lights.

Last edited:
Back