WTF is this?? NEW PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, on the way home from dave's i stopped there so he could look at it. shock and awe :wink:

THE 1ST GENS WILL RISE ONCE AGAIN!

my hood leaves CA today :)

Hah... This is shitty. No one made that big of a deal when I owned it :) Shit, I had a forsale ad for it here and everything.

You snooze, you lose. Chris is teh winn4r !

God I miss that car. Even now that I'm sharing this link around the office people are going nuts over this car.

That gunmetal makes me hot. Add some CF48's, OEM red striping and decals, an HKS turbo kit, some old-school guages and call it a day.

Steve, does this example have the digital dash, or the standard analog? I saw one on RPR that had a digital dash and it looked hot.

No digital speedos in the US

you have to get them from Europe and convert your wiring.

Quoted post[/post]]
That gunmetal makes me hot. Add some CF48's, OEM red striping and decals, an HKS turbo kit, some old-school guages and call it a day.

Steve, does this example have the digital dash, or the standard analog? I saw one on RPR that had a digital dash and it looked hot.

I had considered the digital dash, but the gauges were way too slow responding to be any good. Other than that, my plan was to make a backplane and mount 2" gauges in it (Fill it with them). Cobalts, of course.

It ran Airjockie's black CF48s 13" during autocross season. Look hot ? you bet. The paint is 1995 Civic Horizon Silver.

For decals, I promised I would only put color-matched decals on it. So far, the only one to make it was the RPR sticker. The rear fascia is the white lettering one from 1985. (1987 had red lettering)

So Chris: You want me to build this motor ? Celerity's "Last EW4" motor ? It'll be like Celerity's "Last 20R Hybrid"

its going to get the YARLY sticker when i have a chance to wax it.

the one you have in the garage? nah. maybe in the future we could do it, though :wink: i just want it to be reliable.

no pinstripes. C/F hood/header panel will make it to the car by summer.

to pass inspection, i'll have to toss on the mirage's LS muffler. i already brake-cleaned the engine bay. it looks almost new :)

Muffler: Behind the Supertrapp you'll see a small section of pipe. Cut it AT THE WELDS and do not shorten or extend it more than a CM when re-installing it. If it's off half a cm the pulses won't hit the supertrapp plate at full wave. I'll have to dig up my oscilloscope results , if I can. But hooking up a microphone and even a software program (Like k-jofol or some studio mixer to your PC) will show you it's waveform.

I mean, are they gonna bitch about the noise ? In CT they slipped the reader sensor between the supertrapp plates to get a reading. Can they do that ?

they bitch because its not stock LOOKING. its definately quiet enough. and yes, i will cut it at the welds :)

but if i get pulled over with it on, i may have to take it off permanently :cry:

Just give it back. I've got your money right here. Massachussetts doesn't deserve a car like this.

Isn't the CRSex an antique anyways? I thought 20 years and older was an antique and therefor is exempt from emissions and sound laws.

Stupid MA. Three of my car club members got pulled over on Saturday alone because of "modified exhausts and altered ride heights". My town seems to be cracking down all of a sudden.

2006 - 1987 = 19 years old. And also, that's not true anyway. The laws and cut-off dates have been frozen to not allow most Japanese cars into that exclusive club.

Like when I went to show my Celica at the local classic a vintage show. They stopped going up years at 1980 to try and stop my Celica from showing (The first japanese car to show there in their club history). I wound up getting in anyway, but they were still all cock and balls about it.

I've also noticed that CT went from "Antique" to "Early American" on their licence plates. Which tells me they have something up their sleeves to prevent me from going that route.

So I register in Maine. Fuck the world, Maine loves me and I love Maine.

Vermont ain't bad either....except for all the yuppies in Burlington. Ugghh.

I had it for 10 years. Let someone else have some fun. I'll never get for it what I have into it, so after I came to terms with that, I found this deal with Chris to be good. I got enough money to do something fantastic, and he paid a fair price for a good car. Sorry about the head gasket thing though, I didn't see that coming. Unless just sitting around for so long did it (Plus, I had to run it DRY and hot last september to make sure no water made it into the engine for freezing.

When did MA become california? Stock exhaust, no altered ride height....CRAZY. i have NO exhaust, CEL, ABS light AND altered ride height and all i get are kids in stock civics trying to race me on the highway. even last night after close to NINE INCHES OF RAIN!!!!! (i was not about to pass 55 MPH...people were getting tickets for 56).

a good amount :)

its no biggie steve. im very happy knowing that it will run very nicely when its back together.

276K? i think its got 40K more miles than it says.

Back