WTF is this?? NEW PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I miss mine that I sold to Clayton. I want another one :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Vermont ain't bad either....except for all the yuppies in Burlington. Ugghh.
They are the UVM kids, mostly (although my school does have its fair share), but you really only see the yuppies come out during ski season, the rest of the year its all good, so dont fear come to VT!!

C/F hood Chris?? I dunno about that lol. Is the ya rly sticker going on the paint, cause i heard "after i wax it"...

well you generally hand wash/dry a car before you wax it.

its going on the drivers side triangle window.

c/f hoods on CRX's are sexsay. plus, its much stronger than OEM plastic :p

the headgasket was $73 + tax. they had it in stock. the head studs... $19 apiece. :wtf: i think im going ARP.

If I keep my D15.5 I'll switch to ARP's. Retorqued the head studs Saturday morning and they didn't seem to stretch much. OEM Honda parts are mad expensive. My HG was about $35 for the stock B7 HG *suck*, and $63 for the MLS for the Z6 and Y8.

Quoted post[/post]]
I had it for 10 years. Let someone else have some fun. I'll never get for it what I have into it, so after I came to terms with that, I found this deal with Chris to be good. I got enough money to do something fantastic, and he paid a fair price for a good car. Sorry about the head gasket thing though, I didn't see that coming. Unless just sitting around for so long did it (Plus, I had to run it DRY and hot last september to make sure no water made it into the engine for freezing.

thats cool man...you kept that car looking sweet

I fabricate, Therefore - I am.

The nice thing about fabbing up things like this is that they are done in metal and finer materials. The bumper skin held on pretty damned well considering he hit the airdam on a dip in the highway on RT 84. I was a little concerned about that. Knowing this, I can now strip the bumper support completely out and fab up the quick release skin. I'll practice on my Civic later.

Quoted post[/post]]
If I keep my D15.5 I'll switch to ARP's. Retorqued the head studs Saturday morning and they didn't seem to stretch much. OEM Honda parts are mad expensive. My HG was about $35 for the stock B7 HG *suck*, and $63 for the MLS for the Z6 and Y8.

i got the MLS one :)

Kirk reuses, and I listen to him. But I have reused once in that car and the results were disasterous. Getting stranded in Indianapolis puts a real sour taste in your mouth for doing whatever lead up to that moment.

-S

276k?

time for new bolts budd-ay :)

just to be safe.

This would be it's 3rd head gasket in 10,000 miles. The second time got new bolts - so it's prolly got about 4000 miles on these bolts.

welp, im getting new OEM ones. the HG is pretty.

steve, as you already knew, im thinking its nothing BUT the HG that caused failure. i put just over 16K miles on the mirage so far, and the HG is gone as well.

reason? Felpro.

Felpro is the SAME REASON i had to pay $70 bucks to have my oil pan re-sealed. stupid cork.

Quoted post[/post]]
welp, im getting new OEM ones. the HG is pretty.

steve, as you already knew, im thinking its nothing BUT the HG that caused failure. i put just over 16K miles on the mirage so far, and the HG is gone as well.

reason? Felpro.

Felpro is the SAME REASON i had to pay $70 bucks to have my oil pan re-sealed. stupid cork.

The problem with the car was the pin hole in the radiator. It shot coolant out of it onto the cat, which made the steam appear from the back of the motor - suggesting a cracked block (I had to drive it home from work at redline temps one night while I was driving pizza). From there, the radiator was simply removed, the car parked.

As far as HG issues, the headgasket was replaced in Colorado Springs, it was stored for 2 years, then driven back to Connecticut and from there driven around town a few times, out to PA, Chicago, Atlantic City, up the Jersey shore, RI a few times and out to NYC. About 10,000 miles (And 2 autocrosses) I didn't expect the HG to be any issue at all because the car never smoked or gave the slightest odor of burning coolant (Nor did I see any gunk in the coolant before). I think the gasket just went on us while it was in the garage (Prolly from the first time we fired it up) and from there got worse. I've also seen heads after a gasket blow, and they are crusty and full of mud. This head was perfectly clean when we opened the valve cover. Snuck up on us. Lemme know if you need help with the gasket install this weekend

Also, I've built about 30 motors and used all sorts of tricks and trends. Felpro gaskets lasted longer on my Supras than even the HK$ gasket, so I still have faith in Felpro. Your experience differs, like my experience in head bolts :)

-> S

HK$... i love that.

you can come up if you wish. i'll probably be fine and doing work on all 3 cars this weekend.

Back