1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf is this...

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by Seany-izzle, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

Well i got Chris's old nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 128 card. He said it has dvi-d, d-sub, and s-video. Well i purchased an s-video cable today to find it doesnt fit. on the video card there is an output for the computer monitor, some white one thats rectangular, and then this round one i thought was s-video. Its got 9 pins set up like this.. the o's and = are the pins
    ..o..o
    .oooo
    ..ooo

and an s video is just

..o...o
    .o.....o
    ....=

ive looked on the internet for d sub to s video and dvi-d to s video, and lookin up what the fuck that output even is... all the website just say "tv out", thats the extent of the info they give me. Im a little upset, i thought i could connect it to my tv, but i have no idea how to get that output connected to my s video input on my tv... adapter?

2. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

yeah that plug is probably for an extension piece that comes out and allows you to plug in rcas

3. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

well ive been lookin more, and it is an s video, just a 9 pin plug tho. SOOOO i need either

a) a 9 pin male to a s video female (and get a female to male 4 pin connecter) like this.. http://www.censuspc.com/product.php?produc...5&cat=61&page=1 It says that the 9pin is male, but it looks female.. plus can i just leave the rca female not plugged in to anything, will it still work ok?

[​IMG] 9 pin to video rca (havent found one yet)

or

c) 9 pin male to 4 pin male (havent found one)

or something else that escapes me, looking at all this shit is making my brain hurt.

4. randerson165

randerson165 Senior Member

5. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

nope, doesnt help. i have a NINE (9) pin on my video card and a FOUR (4) pin on my tv... i need to get from NINE!!!! to four. not 4 to 4, or 7 to 4...which is what that site only offers. Or get from NINE to 3 rcas (video, right/left audio). Im going insane looking for something that might help...

i cant find any straight up 9 - 4 pin connectors, nor can i find any 9 pin to 3 rca cables.

6. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

umm...i think that might be the hd connector. i had one on my 4200 (like 3 years ago, lol) there is a lil box that goes along with it for HD connections.

7. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

all i want is my tv to act as my monitor for movies and such!!! is that so much to ask!!!

8. YouKnowWhoIBee

YouKnowWhoIBee my avatar is better.

9. randerson165

10. skillz2k5

skillz2k5 Senior Member

God damn it... I have the same card and I've used a regular 4 pin from wal-mart and the "extension" piece that comes with it. All the piece does is convert from s-video to rca. It's not for HD... never heard of HD running through svideo. If all else fails try ebay for the cable or go to NVIDIAS WEBSITE...

11. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

this guy looks like hes got the winning ticket.

12. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

lol yeah i found that one, check my second post with the link.

im just wondering if i can leave the rca un plugged, or if i get a m/m connecter, what input do i connect it to on my tv, video?

So if i do purchase that cable, ill need a m/m rca and a m/m s video connecter.... hmmm

13. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

s-video doesn't support HD anyway.... its an anolog connection too.

component is the lowest level of hd cabling available.
    from low to hi,

coaxlial (cable), composite (rca), s-video, component, hd component, dvi/hdmi

most likely, that cable splits the S-video into both the other s-video and rca plug. yellow is standard video color in rca plugs. red/white take the audio. you can use either or, most likely.
    huh?

14. Seany-izzle

Seany-izzle New Member

both yellow ends on the cable are female, both inputs on my tv are female. my s video is male on both ends. So my last post i was all confused and i dont need the male/male s video connecter, my s video cable will act as that. but if i want to plug the rca into my tv, ill need a male/male cable... my above post was assuming that the mentioned cable was long enough to reach my tv (bout 10 feet away), but it looks like its only but a few inches.

15. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

buy that adapter, and then buy a male to male RCA cable. plug it into the rca video input on your tv.

16. randerson165

:withstupid: Roger that ghost rider....

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted