wtf is this...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Seany-izzle

Well i got Chris's old nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 128 card. He said it has dvi-d, d-sub, and s-video. Well i purchased an s-video cable today to find it doesnt fit. on the video card there is an output for the computer monitor, some white one thats rectangular, and then this round one i thought was s-video. Its got 9 pins set up like this.. the o's and = are the pins
..o..o
.oooo
..ooo

and an s video is just

..o...o
.o.....o
....=

ive looked on the internet for d sub to s video and dvi-d to s video, and lookin up what the fuck that output even is... all the website just say "tv out", thats the extent of the info they give me. Im a little upset, i thought i could connect it to my tv, but i have no idea how to get that output connected to my s video input on my tv... adapter?

well ive been lookin more, and it is an s video, just a 9 pin plug tho. SOOOO i need either

a) a 9 pin male to a s video female (and get a female to male 4 pin connecter) like this.. http://www.censuspc.com/product.php?produc...5&cat=61&page=1 It says that the 9pin is male, but it looks female.. plus can i just leave the rca female not plugged in to anything, will it still work ok?

:cool: 9 pin to video rca (havent found one yet)

or

c) 9 pin male to 4 pin male (havent found one)

or something else that escapes me, looking at all this shit is making my brain hurt.

nope, doesnt help. i have a NINE (9) pin on my video card and a FOUR (4) pin on my tv... i need to get from NINE!!!! to four. not 4 to 4, or 7 to 4...which is what that site only offers. Or get from NINE to 3 rcas (video, right/left audio). Im going insane looking for something that might help...

i cant find any straight up 9 - 4 pin connectors, nor can i find any 9 pin to 3 rca cables.

umm...i think that might be the hd connector. i had one on my 4200 (like 3 years ago, lol) there is a lil box that goes along with it for HD connections.

all i want is my tv to act as my monitor for movies and such!!! is that so much to ask!!!

buy a rf modulator.. it goes inline with your coaxil cable :) it has one s video, and the 3 rcas. I have one for my older tv in the living room to hook up a dvd player to. And then to hook up my laptop to so i can watch movies. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=2181628
0002661691153_215X215.jpg

God damn it... I have the same card and I've used a regular 4 pin from wal-mart and the "extension" piece that comes with it. All the piece does is convert from s-video to rca. It's not for HD... never heard of HD running through svideo. If all else fails try ebay for the cable or go to NVIDIAS WEBSITE...

lol yeah i found that one, check my second post with the link.

im just wondering if i can leave the rca un plugged, or if i get a m/m connecter, what input do i connect it to on my tv, video?

So if i do purchase that cable, ill need a m/m rca and a m/m s video connecter.... hmmm

Quoted post[/post]]
God damn it... I have the same card and I've used a regular 4 pin from wal-mart and the "extension" piece that comes with it. All the piece does is convert from s-video to rca. It's not for HD... never heard of HD running through svideo. If all else fails try ebay for the cable or go to NVIDIAS WEBSITE...

s-video doesn't support HD anyway.... its an anolog connection too.

component is the lowest level of hd cabling available.
from low to hi,

coaxlial (cable), composite (rca), s-video, component, hd component, dvi/hdmi

Quoted post[/post]]
im just wondering if i can leave the rca un plugged, or if i get a m/m connecter, what input do i connect it to on my tv, video?

most likely, that cable splits the S-video into both the other s-video and rca plug. yellow is standard video color in rca plugs. red/white take the audio. you can use either or, most likely.
So if i do purchase that cable, ill need a m/m rca and a m/m s video connecter.... hmmm

huh?

both yellow ends on the cable are female, both inputs on my tv are female. my s video is male on both ends. So my last post i was all confused and i dont need the male/male s video connecter, my s video cable will act as that. but if i want to plug the rca into my tv, ill need a male/male cable... my above post was assuming that the mentioned cable was long enough to reach my tv (bout 10 feet away), but it looks like its only but a few inches.

buy that adapter, and then buy a male to male RCA cable. plug it into the rca video input on your tv.

Back