1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTF is up with the DMV?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by GSRCRXsi, Jul 15, 2003.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

ok im getting pissed about the dmv fuckin me over all the time, first they screwed up my title and registration card (put wrong vin# on it) so when i got pulled over, the cop thought i stole the car. and now this shit.

heres the story:

ive been pulled over 3 times. first time was back in september 45 in 25, got a ticket, went to court, got probation, payed my fine and i was on my way. then i got pulled over again in march 41 in 25, got a ticket, went to court, got reduced speed, 1 point, payed my fine and out the door i was again. got pulled over in may, 39 in 25, got a ticket, payed the fine and took the 2 points. thats a total of 3 points i have now. so about a month later i receive a letter saying that my liscence is going to be suspended, but the thing was they said they were suspending my PROVISIONALS, which i had gotten taken off before my 2nd court date, so how the fuck can they suspend my provisionals if i dont have it. so i mailed the letter back saying that i would like to request a hearing to explain why my liscence shouldnt be suspended (they put off the suspension until the hearing). so today i get a letter in the mail from the dmv. i figured it was a court date, but when i opened it, it said that my liscence was suspended 4 days ago. they said they sent me a letter with enrolment papers for driver improvement class, and since i havent taken the class, my liscense is now suspended. heres the thing, i never recieved SHIT in the mail about driver imp. class. i was waiting for a fuckin court date, not this shit. i need some suggestions on what i should do about this. this is one of the many times the dmv has fucked me up. someone please help.

2. GSRCRXsi

someone help y0!

3. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Call the DMV, and start asking to talk to people higher up in the food chain until you get someone who can actually help you, not a monkey with a headset.

Also, watch out for those 25 mph zones, bro. :D

4. GSRCRXsi

yea i called and they said they mailed the letter. but i NEVER got anything, so i called some other place with main records or something, and they said to fax them a letter with my name and license # and ask for my suspension to be lifted so they can mail me another letter so i can take the class or w/e. i hate the fucking DMV, they never help anyone. public workers should be paid according to how much they actually help people. :angry:

but yea 25 mph zones are a bitch, i just cant drive that slow. even if a cop is taking radar (and i actually know it) ill still go like 30, cause i know they wont pull me over for that.

5. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

hey :angry:

6. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

what are you getting all offended by .... he said "monkey in a headset" .... not "rediculously PALE monkey in a headset"

7. IDMaxGuy

IDMaxGuy Senior Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :owned:

I wear a headset too man, i dont have foamies tho, so my ears kinda get sore.

8. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I didn't mean that all people who wore headsets were monkeys. I meant that all of those phone-answering-types at the DMV are all monkeys with headsets.

B's a pale monkey with a headset that runs teh 1337357 website evAr! :ph34r:

9. civicgirlracer97

civicgirlracer97 Banned

The thing about the dmv and the courts is that they can do whatever they want (or at least is appears). I had a friend who got a ticket for drag racing which doesn't necessarily mean auto suspend in GA and when she went to court, she was ordered to pay a fine and received 4 points i think. Anywho, about a month later she gets a letter in the mail stating her license had been suspended. She called up the courthouse and they said that the dmv received the notice from the judge to suspend it when in court the judge never said anything about that. He told her to pay the fine. To make this long story short...it's been 8 months now and they are still giving her the run-around and expecting her to pay mucho bucks for reinstatement. She's going to go the lawyer route but i'm not sure how good that will do.
    :blink:

10. YangpaNemsay

YangpaNemsay Senior Member

Drive Slower next time...

11. Gen2Teg

Gen2Teg Senior Member

write a letter explaining your situation to the right people. Don't seem all like a complete asshole, cause then they won't help you. Be agrressive and calm, but not a dickhead. Just keep on complaining and complaining. Explain everything. It shouldn't be that hard. But yeah people at the DMV are cold hearted dickheads who love to make people wait and waste their time.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted