WTF is wrong with my Zune?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
I woke up and checked my Zune and for some reason it had a weird picture playing with flashing lights.

I took a picture for you guys. WTF is wrong with it?

myzune.jpg

That's almost what the Xbox 360 ring of death looks like.

Did you try connecting it and downloading any new updates for it? That's all I can think of.

yeh microsoft put out a press release about it - it's a leap year bug, should be resolved by the end of today. let the battery run completely out, recharge, good to go...or something like that. there's an article about it on yahoo. i drank the ipod koolaid so i'm unaffected and therefore not motivated to dig and link up the article for you. :D

yea i seen a article on yahoo about it today. It affected every single zune user. Other than this issue do you like your zune. Im wanting to get one since my ipod took a shit a couple of months ago

screw owning a zune, I was just making fun of MS, the zune I believe would just start shutting down at random and acting all weird. I thought it would only be right to add a RROD to the front of it.

it seems fitting.

yea i seen a article on yahoo about it today. It affected every single zune user. Other than this issue do you like your zune. Im wanting to get one since my ipod took a shit a couple of months ago

It effected first gen 30 gig Zunes only. Not all Zunes. I use the hell out of my Zune. I am very happy with my decision to purchase one. This is the only problem I have ever had with it. But if Microsoft does not pull its head out of its ass and come out with a touch screen Zune by the time this one shits out I will have to look else where.

A friend of mine has the newest version. He was so stoked about all it's new features, and how they were "almost as good as the ipod"
I don't like apple products, but give me a fuckin break.

A friend of mine has the newest version. He was so stoked about all it's new features, and how they were "almost as good as the ipod"
I don't like apple products, but give me a fuckin break.

It all depends on how you quantify "good". When I was shopping for a personal media device the Zune won out because it had the features that where the "best" for me. I didn't need nor want to spend an extra 50 to 100 bucks on an Apple product so I could run around looking snazzy.

That's a shop you know, the bug causes the Zune 30 to not be able to boot but it should have resolved by now according to Microsoft.

I had a Zune and an IPOD, the Zune is better then IPOD IMO. The Software was way easier to use and the Zune Player itself was easier to navigate. Plus it just looks nicer too.

My 30 gig zune is messed up too. except mine is different from the pack, Mine displays screen 5, and when I restart it, it freezes, when I try to reformate it, it freezes, when i try to erase all of its memory, it freezes. I think Im just going to pull the hard drive out, and run a magnet over it. If that fails then im just going ot upgrade its hard drive.
I believe a 60 or 80 gig will do me juuust fine. Then I can actually load ALL my music.

Run a magnet over it? why don't you just dunk it in water? :roll:

My 30 gig zune is messed up too. except mine is different from the pack, Mine displays screen 5, and when I restart it, it freezes, when I try to reformate it, it freezes, when i try to erase all of its memory, it freezes. I think Im just going to pull the hard drive out, and run a magnet over it. If that fails then im just going ot upgrade its hard drive.
I believe a 60 or 80 gig will do me juuust fine. Then I can actually load ALL my music.

just pull it out and do a full format on it Dont forget to format the MBR also as this may be where your problem lies

All you gotta do to fix the Zune is let the battery run dead. Beyond that take it in for repair.

Back