wtf is wrong with today's kids?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Lantis@May 31 2005, 08:46 PM
One word:

Ritalin.
[post=505911]Quoted post[/post]​

Do the world a favor:

Don't ever become a parent.

what about building lemonade stands and selling homemade goods to make a small profit? not only is it fun to show kids how to do, but they learn how to make money off a simple idea.

i dunno... i'm not suzy homemaker, and of course my kids can drive me nuts and i just need a little 'me' time, but that's usually when i take my kids to the grocery store and have them read me the list of things we need to buy.

and what ever happened to going to the zoo, feeding the ducks, making smores and having pretend campouts?

i think the best thing my family and i did as an actual family was have one day a week where we go out to dinner, rent a kid flick, watch it, and camp out on the floor in the living room. my mom would make caramel corn and the whole bit. with my kids, i'm trying to do the same thing, but switch it up a bit. have a 'party' for no reason. have them bake cupcakes with me and we have a birthday party for spider man or something... on another night we'll go on a scavenger hunt, go collect rocks, or just go outside and find colors...

bah. we do suck as parents. why can't we have grown up in the 50's and just gone to the malt shoppe all the time?

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Jun 1 2005, 07:48 PM
what about building lemonade stands and selling homemade goods to make a small profit?  not only is it fun to show kids how to do, but they learn how to make money off a simple idea. 

i dunno... i'm not suzy homemaker, and of course my kids can drive me nuts and i just need a little 'me' time, but that's usually when i take my kids to the grocery store and have them read me the list of things we need to buy. 

and what ever happened to going to the zoo, feeding the ducks, making smores and having pretend campouts? 

i think the best thing my family and i did as an actual family was have one day a week where we go out to dinner, rent a kid flick, watch it, and camp out on the floor in the living room.  my mom would make caramel corn and the whole bit.  with my kids, i'm trying to do the same thing, but switch it up a bit.  have a 'party' for no reason.  have them bake cupcakes with me and we have a birthday party for spider man or something... on another night we'll go on a scavenger hunt, go collect rocks, or just go outside and find colors...

bah. we do suck as parents.  why can't we have grown up in the 50's and just gone to the malt shoppe all the time?
[post=506416]Quoted post[/post]​

We as a generation may suck, but goddamn... will you be my mom? My parents hardly ever took me anywhere or did stuff with us like that. I think i went to the zoo once when I was a kid.

starbellie, from what i've READ, you sound like a good parent. but something you said really rings out why young people don't often make good parents.... something i think most people don't take into consideration when planning to have children, or screwing around for that matter, is that once you have kids, you will have very little "me" or "fun" time, if you want to be a good parent. there are too many single moms that go out to the club every weekend til 3am, and there are too many deadbeat dads. and, there are too many parents who just don't spend any time with their kids.

anyway, i don't have kids, and this is just my $.02

Back